The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with Mail Troubleshooter error

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Karabaja, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Karabaja

Karabaja Active Member

I've just moved to new hosting. And I am having some strange problems with email.
    On my domain there is vbulletin forums and when I use smtp option for emails and use:
    mail.mydomain.com for hostname it won't send giving the error that couldn't connect to ssl/mail.mydomain.com:465
    While if I use the ip of my site instead of domain it sends out fine.
    Earlier yesterday when I connected to the server over ssh and tried pinging my domain it gave wrong ip (old one).
    And I've added one additional nameserver to /etc/resolv.conf, the one from OpenDNS.
    Then ping gave back proper ip.
    But email sending still didn't work via mail.mydomain.com
    In WHM when I enter support@mydomain.com in mail troubleshooter it gives this error:
    Code:
    fail_remote_domains via DNS lookup of mydomain.com (MX) gave HOST_NOT_FOUND
    But dns is all fine when I test my domain at intodns.com
    And I can send and receive emails via Outlook express when I use mail.mydomain.com on my home pc.

When I enter friends domain email who is also hosted on the same server in mail troubleshooter it seems fine, I get:
    virtual_user to local delivery

Any ideas please about what could be wrong. I don't mind the fact that I have to enter ip instead of domain for hostname in vbulletin config as long as emails are working fine but I am worried that there might be something wrong that could mess up some other server functionality.

2. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Can you check whether your domain is in /etc/localdomains or /etc/remotedomains? It will be also good if you mention the domain having issue to check further.

3. Karabaja

Karabaja Active Member

It is in /etc/localdomains. I'd rather not mention the domain, no special reason though but I don't think it is required. Everything appears to be fine outside the server (connecting to smtp server from home pc, dns checks from few sites), seems like some local configuration issue.

4. LinuxTechie

LinuxTechie Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I just needed to check whether the domain's MX record is correct or not. For that I asked you the domain. Sorry !

5. Karabaja

Karabaja Active Member

Thanks, I am pretty sure it is correct. Everything is setup the same as on old server where everything was fine.