The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with outgoing spam emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Sam20e, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Sam20e

Sam20e Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi cPanel Team

Support Request Id 5882951

I'm not quite satisfied with the replies as that did not help me much..

generally one of my cpanel account sending out spam emails - via some php file uploaded randomly. I already scanned, changed cp pass, ftp pass, updated the script etc. No use. I have no idea how people uploading this script and sending spam emails (within 10min 8000+mails)

I checked /var/log/messages couldnt find any logs. I really need some help here, is there any way I can create a filter (exim config) and block ALL outgoing email capabilities of 1 particular cpanel account? Please refer my ticket for further details and sample email

Thanks
    Sam

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Greetings, it seems the ticket was useful to you after you created this thread.

I would only add that if it was me, and I did not trust this user that has this script keep showing back up on his account, I would kill his account rather than look for a way to limit or kill his ability to send emails, and keep him.

As a Reseller your actions are, I'm assuming, limited here to whatever your Hosting Provider permits you access to.

3. Sam20e

Sam20e Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi

Yes, but the issue here is i cannot suspend terminate his account. Let me summarize, this customer of mine he is a SME owner.. an online family based shopping portal. His IT knowledge is very much limited and I'm quite he never used his cpanel acc before. So i'm kinda helping this customer. I already changed his cpanel/ftp pass etc.

I wont be able to suspend/terminate his acc. I ran a maldet scan now and removed few files and removed his domain from localdomains file. Lets keep our fingers crossed

Sam

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm guessing that the shopping portal software is probably out of date and not secure. Worse, you want to kill his ability to send mail from his account, from that shopping portal.

Sorry, but I think you're going at this wrong. Good luck all the same.