Need help with removing hidden domain

OzyPhil

Member
Mar 8, 2019
21
1
3
Sydney
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello
Firstly a bit about how this was caused which might help solve the issue.

I have used cpanel for a while now on hosting accounts and my new development required I get a dedicated server so I got a self managed dedicated server using raid1x2gb and raid10x4gb with expansion options to grow by adding more disks to my raid10.
My intentions where to create a cloud type environment where the R1 was for OS and R10 for the data but (due to my lack of understanding in the right cloud options to get I haven't set it up yet but I do want to)

my knowledge of ssh commands is very limited but I am learning it. I have installed cpanel and transferred the sites from my old hosts (which where under 1 account thus using addon domains) to this server. In wanting to separate these addon domains to new user accounts within my WHM I encountered an issue with one of them.

after backing up all the database and files for this domain I remove it from it's old cpanel account now attached to my server and attempted to create a new user account in WHM and I get an error message that says this URL is attached to the (username) which is the username of the account it was removed from.

In checking further using ssh I found that this domain still exists in certain places/files but can't seem to find those files anywhere within the cpanel account with every search coming up negative.

Now I have tried to find ways of removing these using ssh and I can't seem to get the correct commands or get it right. I have been told it was better to get someone who knows and understands this type of thing.

As the only ssh screenshot I have of these found URL's and it has all my details I am hesitant in uploading it here but an example of one would look like this below
----------------------------------------------
[[email protected] named]# pwd
/var/named
[[email protected] named]# ls -la | grep myDomainURL
-rw------- 1 named named 2125 Mar 8 17:05 myDomainURL.db
----------------------------------------------
username & myDomainURL have been changed all the rest is left untouched.


--_____________________________----

I also have an issue with an error 500 message when bring up a site which was transferred and can't find that problem as well and not sure if these two issues are related.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sorry I forgot to load this error message file.
 

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

OzyPhil

Member
Mar 8, 2019
21
1
3
Sydney
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
UPDATE;

I have since installed Cloudlinux and cagefs

As the image will show it has found what I presume to be all the listed users but I have 1 default user which I don't know how it got there or where it came from and 2 other copies of the same users without other details.

I am thinking these are my problem but I can't workout how to remove them as doing a ssh search only brings up one of each.

Does anyone understand these and will to help me out here please.

Cheers
 

Attachments

OzyPhil

Member
Mar 8, 2019
21
1
3
Sydney
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello

I have found a way and solved the hidden domain issue and this domain now has a new account created.

So this is 1 problem down and 1 big one to go which is resolving DNS issues which is on another thread.

NOTE: Although I had this issue stated on 2 other forums, not a single reply from anybody and ended up solving this myself after a week of intense searching.

I hope the DNS issue won't take so long so I can get my sites up and running.

Cheers
 

OzyPhil

Member
Mar 8, 2019
21
1
3
Sydney
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I think the problem came from the following.
Before installing cPanel on my/this new server I installed Virtualmin/webmin and tested it out but found that this CM option was for more proficient ssh command line users then myself with better understanding of system files (basically Linux users really) anyway when I uninstalled it to install cPanel which was obviously done right because cPanel installed without any issues, uninstalling Virtualmin didn't also uninstall the user accounts created while I was testing it.

Although I able to find those users using ssh I didn't know who to get to each file to delete what I had found so in my constant persistent usual self in never giving up I ended up finding a cPanel plugin called (configServer Explorer which gave me direct access to etthe root systems files (excellent plugin I might add) which I was then able to access the required files and delete all that needed to be deleted and everything has worked fine since.

Cheers