The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with repeated log in request

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bahhumbug1, Oct 17, 2010.

1. bahhumbug1

bahhumbug1 Registered

i'm trying to build a new web site (switched host) using "cpanel" and i keep getting a 'authentication required" popup (several hundred times while a page is loading) making me sign in. its on my end (works fine on sons and wifes laptops) cant figure out what on my puter or browser is stopping them from rechonizing me, hosts costumer service is fast to respond (within minutes) but with problem being on my end arent much help. :mad:

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Are you getting this popup on your cPanel or on your website? I'm unclear on that point.

3. linux7802

linux7802 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I think its issue with your browser cookies, its better if you try to browse cPanel in another browser or check if cookies enabled or not? if cookies disabled then enable it. :)

4. bahhumbug1

bahhumbug1 Registered

must be some setting on puter. download chrome browser and get same thing with it. says server is requesting logging . guess i'll have to take wifes laptop and do a side by side comparison of the internet setting, hope xp and windows7 are the same setup there.

thanks for your imput folks