The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help with SSL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by koolkatweb, Apr 23, 2009.

1. koolkatweb

koolkatweb Registered

:( I manged to install my new ssl cert from goDaddy. However, how do I associated my site with the cert so I can enter https://www.mydomain.com?
    All of the info I read says there should be a "setup domain" link under SSL/TLS Manager. However, I don't have a link like that.

Thank everyone.

2. ChrisRHS

ChrisRHS Well-Known Member

Is your site on a dedicated IP address? Are you trying to install a shared certificate?

3. koolkatweb

koolkatweb Registered

I am not sure about dedicated IP. How can I tell? I am new to this and did not set up the CPANEL. I am only trying to add some web pages that require security because they process logins, etc. There already was a shared ssl on the site but I don't want that - I want a cert that will allow a specific domain name. Thanks.

4. ChrisRHS

ChrisRHS Well-Known Member

I would suggest you talk with your host about this, they can help you sort it out.

5. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

If SSL is properly installed on your domain then you should be able to browse your website using https://www.domain.com. However, I would suggest you to contact the web hosting service provider to get an exact idea about the issue.