The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by meeko, Nov 9, 2001.

1. meeko

meeko Registered

Hello there,

I\'m relatively new to this Cpanel. I would like to know what are hte requirements of installing Cpanel, what exactly i need to do and how to get it installed. The most important question, where do i get it from ??

2. mpope

mpope Well-Known Member

You get it from any of the distributors listed on the main page(web.cpanel.net) . Average price is $99 per month unless you colo or get a dedicated server in one of the distributors\' Nocs.

Requirements as listed from Burst.net\'s cp page: 200mhz processor, 64mb ram, 4gb hard drive, static ip.

The distributors will install for you when you sign up!

Hope that helps! :D

3. meeko

meeko Registered

Well, If you have to get it from a distributor, what exactly is liste don your site as being Layer 1 ? Isn\'t that the control panel ??

4. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Layer 1 lists upgrades and plugins for a server that is already running cpanel. Layer 2 lists stable builds that you can upgrade to once you already have cpanel.

you need to get a license from a distributor in order to run cpanel and run the updates from Layer 1&2, without a license you cannot run the installs successfully... :)