The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need quick way to summarize an existing servers configuration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Drake, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I'm looking for the quick and easy way to summarize an existing server's configuration, so when I add the next new server, and transfer some accounts, the customers won't be struck with all that buggy stuff that happens when customer has build their site around the old server's existing configs. For instance, to summarize existing server's Apache config, MySql ver, PhP libraries & tweaks, Zend Opt., modules, Addons, Exim Config, and all that stuff.

I want to do this instead of going through the existing server's settings in WHM category by category to make note of all "stuff" page by page, item-by item.

Of course, I don't expect to have the new server automatically duplicate these settings. I'm glad to do that part manually.

You now how it is when you transfer a customer's account to another server, the customers compain that this-or-that page or php script, isn't working anymore, and so on... For example, if the new server didn't have GD Libraries installed, or the SUExec is active on the new server, etc, etc.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Drake