The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need SSH Assistance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by macrunning, Nov 19, 2010.

1. macrunning

macrunning Member

I need some assistance with SSH, is there someone that can help me or that I can pay to help me? I am told I have OpenSSH < 4.4 Multiple Vulnerabilities which is apparently not good enough for Trustwave and there new demanding requirements for people utilizing shopping carts. Trying to find out what I need to do? Do I need to close the port ssh is running on? Can I just change the port #? Or do I need to upgrade to a newer version of SSH? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. txspaderz

txspaderz Active Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You need to upgrade the version of OpenSSH you are using. If you're not familiar / comfortable in doing so, I'd recommend contacting a 3rd party administrator for doing this. Your host might be able to do this as well.

3. macrunning

macrunning Member

Hi Thank you. I am asking them now. If they will not do this for me do you know where I can find/hire a respectable server administrator that could handle such issues for me?

4. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I recommend browsing the ads in the advertising section of our forums, and considering posting a message there yourself. This section is frequented by individuals and companies that would be willing and able to do the work you are describing.

Server Management and Server Repair - cPanel Forums