The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Step-by-Step Instructions to Setup First Domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by korneld, Feb 25, 2009.

1. korneld

korneld Registered

I just got my dedicated server with CPanel from ServerPronto. I am savvy with computers (I am a designer/programmer), but I never had to set up my own server before.

I just want to start with pointing one of my domains to a folder on this damn server, but I can't find instructions on how to do it. Is there a piece of documentaion that gives me what I need?

2. jBillu

jBillu Member

Re: "Need Step-by-Step Instructions to Setup First Domain"

First you need to setup an account in your server using WHM. You need to login to WHM of your server using the login details provided by your host. Then you can follow the instructions in the following link to create an account:

http://www.cpanel.net/docs/whm/

In the above link you need to go to "Account Functions > Create a New Account" link to read complete instructions. The above link also contains brief information on how to use different options in WHM and how to accomplish different tasks. In order to learn how to use cPanel you can check the following link:

http://www.cpanel.net/docs/cpanel/

Besides these links when you login to WHM, you can get interactive support using the link "Main > Support > Interactive Knowledge Base" link. Also cPanel contains video tutorials in each section for guidance.

After the account is setup, you need to point your site to your server that you can do by either using domain's registrar Nameservers or by registering your own Nameservers too.

I hope that will help.