The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need to change ALL sites IP's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SiMka, Nov 2, 2005.

1. SiMka

SiMka Active Member

Hi

Currently all domains used the IP like 123.123.123.123. now i need to change ALL the ip's usind different IP's like 222.222.222.222. How it can be possible to change all site's in one time ?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Use the IP Migration Wizard in WHM.

3. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

How about changing the entire server's and all domains IP's. Had two instances of SYN attacks and being able to change all references at once and then delete that IP as an available IP would be nice until it cleared up. I see how changing all the domain IP's, but that does not solve email, server, etc. I know I can change server IP in basic setup -but would both of these two change ALL references to the old IP?

#3 lloyd_tennison, Nov 2, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2005
  4. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

No one has any thoughts on this?

5. Rooter

Rooter Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    My thoughts are as follows:

1) As it was already stated, use the "IP Migration Wizard (RC2)" as this will do the job. Read all text that is on the page before discounting it as an option.

2) Do not under any circumstances use the main or primary server IP to host actual web sites, always use a secondary IP address in the block.

3) Place resellers on their own dedicated "shared" IP address.

Doing this will allow you to use the migration wizard and other tools without having the main IP compromised if you had a DoS attack on a web site or any other IP that services web sites directly.

P.S. I have not had to do this yet, but you may or may not also have to use the "Change Multiple Sites' IP Addresses" function to complete the job of changing DNS zones. I am not sure if the migration utility will update those or not...perhaps someone who knows for sure can comment.

#5 Rooter, Nov 10, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2005