Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Need to create A name records

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by websea, Aug 29, 2009.

1. websea

websea Registered

Hi, I need to create A name records for my domain. I tried to create it with my godaddy.com account where i registered the domain and read in manual but domain manager says "You are not hosted here" so I am not able to create A name account. So I think I can create A name records in godaddy. So please let me know how to create A name records in cpanel.

Thanks in advance...

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Are you the root admin of the server or vps? If not, then you may need to contact your hosting provider.

3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

You can modify DNS record ( Add A record ) entries using WHM -> Edit DNS Zone option. Once you add A record it may take few hours for the record to fully propagate across the globe.

You can verify A record entry once you add it using free DNS checking tools like dnsbench.com

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...