need to force backups (/scripts/cpbackup)

PPNSteve

Mar 13, 2003
Somewhere in Ilex Forest
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Ok got a big problem here.. I NEED to backup my clients in prep for a OS reload / upgrade.. problem is the server's loads are too high too long to allow the cpbackup script to run..

is there any way to force the backup (remember, we need to be able to resore accounts) or does someone have any other suggestions?

help!

PPNSteve

Mar 13, 2003
Somewhere in Ilex Forest
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Yes this i know.. what i need is a way to FORCE the backups to run:

[email protected] [~]# /scripts/cpbackup
pkgacct started.
pkgacct version 2.9 - running with uid 0
Copying Reseller Config...Done
Copying SSL Certificates, CSRS, and Keys...Done
Copying Mail files....Done
Copying frontpage files....Done
Copying proftpd file....Done
Entering timeout safety mode
Grabbing mysql dbs............
Done
Grabbing mysql privs...Done
Leaving timeout safety mode
Copying mailman lists....Done
Copying mailman archives....Done
Copying homedir....Waiting for load to go down to continue
Waiting for load to go down to continue
pkgacct started.
pkgacct version 2.9 - running with uid 0
Waiting for load to go down to continue

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
You can force them effectively, by setting WHM > The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended > value high. The cpbackup script also uses this setting eventhough it says that it is for the stats. Then, delete or rename the current daily backup dir in /backup/cpbackup/ out the way and run /scripts/cpbackup

Last edited:

djalpha

Jan 20, 2003
chirpy said:
You can force them effectively, by setting WHM > The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended > value high. The cpbackup script also uses this setting eventhough it says that it is for the stats. Then, delete or rename the current daily backup dir in /backup/cpbackup/ out the way and run /scripts/cpbackup
I have many problem with overload 10X (1cpu)
My stats and backups not work from 3-4 days.

I find many tread in forums and I write to 2 staff on Cpanel darkorb. But no body can be down cpu proccess.....

I try some services down in same time , apache, mysql, mailscanner.
But still overserver 11.17 but must be 0,30 or 0,50

I dont see any slowly web page or anything, everythings okey about speed server but I recieve many email statscheck and cpucheck error messages.

To day I do on WHM>TWEAK SETTINGS
[+] The load average above the number of cpus at which logs file processing should be suspended (default 0): [I CHANGE TO (default 0 to 100]

[+] The load average that will cause the server status to appear red (leave blank for default): [I CHANGE TO (default 0 to 100]
and I go to SSH with command /scripts/cpbackup
Now Backup running good.
maybe my overload problem not solution but I can update actual web sites and mysql with this way.

Thank you

dnevins

Jan 31, 2005
chirpy said:
Actually, if you look at the cpbackup script which is just a perl script you'll see that you can just add --force to the command to avoid the directory renaming stuff... That takes care of getting around the logs processing only once a day.

/scripts/cpbackup --force

The other deal about load is what I am dealing with right now and I'm not totally sure but it seems to at least have helped but I still see that message although not as much.

Dana

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Indeed. That shows the reason for using caution when digging up old threads like this one - things change as in that newer option.