Solokron

Aug 8, 2003
Seattle
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Performing some cleanup I accidentally had a space in my command

Code:
rm apache.backup * -rf
Fortunately I caught it immediately when I realized it was taking too long. Unfortunately I lost parts of the cPanel folder and apache. Attempting a rebuild the /scripts folder which must be symlinked is now missing. ok great, pulled the cPanel install file and attempt a reinstall.

Code:
wget http://layer1.cpanel.net/latest
sh latest --force
Results in:
You must set MySQL to version 5.5 or higher in the /var/cpanel/cpanel.config file for cPanel & WHM version 11.44.
Removing /root/installer.lock
Yes, 5.1 is installed on this VPS because the client requires the older version. Question is, how do I get cPanel reinstalled with MySQL 5.1 on the server?

I attempted to place a support ticket but because scripts folder is gone and cPanel is no longer functional I cannot acquire my support ID for the VPS. ok, so now I put in a support ticket via the contact page on cpanel.net which results in an email back:

Thank you for contacting cPanel Inc, a leading provider of hosting software.
This message is to acknowledge the receipt of your message and to let you know
that our customer service team is working to resolve your request
effectively and efficiently. Please do not open other requests related to this
issue while this one is open.

Our office hours are as follows:

Monday-Friday 6AM-6PM (Central)
Saturday-Sunday 6AM-4PM (Central)

If you are submitting a request outside these hours, please be patient and we will assist you as soon as we become available.
So I need to get this back up and running. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Solokron

Aug 8, 2003
Seattle
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Another workaround, it possible to download and install cPanel 11.38?

Solokron

Aug 8, 2003
Seattle
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Due to the overwhelming response I am going to bite the bullet and force an update with cpanel.config set for 5.5 This should be fun.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Could you let us know the ticket number of the ticket you submitted so we can update this thread with the outcome?

Thank you.

Solokron

Aug 8, 2003
Seattle
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Fortunately cPanel was smartly able to rebuild everything with the information in /var/cpanel and I convinced the client to move to MySQL 5.5.

Thank you.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I am happy to see the issue is now resolved. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.