The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Tutorial for Restore DBdump file

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by KimberH, Nov 6, 2015.

1. KimberH

KimberH Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi, I normally build WordPress site for local clients in my small town. However I had a new clients who wants me to restore a cpanel backup of a site she bought off someone else. I have attached a picture of the zip file I was emailed. Does anyone know of a good tutorial on how to do this. I use my own backup software and manage sites view WHM. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you Kimberly

dbfile in zip.png

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

That looks like a backup of the website files. Thus, you would have to create the account and then upload/restore those files via FTP or SSH. You will also need a copy of their database, which you can restore via the "Backup" option in cPanel.

Thank you.

3. KimberH

KimberH Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you, I have been trying to figure out if the DBdump are the database files but not finding any SQL file. If I had the sql it would be simple matter.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Your forum profile lists you as Website Owner. You might want to speak with your Hosting Provider and ask them to restore that database for you. That screenshot does not show a database, it shows the files for the WP site in a directory called dbdump.

Having the files is good, having the actual database is the most important part though. If you have that, speak with your Hoating Provider to have it restored to a new database on your account for you.

I do see the wp-snapshots directory, no clue what it is though. Assuming this user had some sort of backup utility addon installed, you won't be able to use that until the site is back up and operating as expected.

5. KimberH

KimberH Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I just found a SQL in the snapshot file. installer-data.sql and assume that's it. Wish me luck!! :)