The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need urgent help in moving a site

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moobymoo, Sep 23, 2007.

1. moobymoo

moobymoo Member

my one of music site is using 120GB of 160gb hard disk.i cannot make backup of that account as well.i need to move that site to new server..my old host used some commands in ssh through which my whole site moved from one server to second server..i need to know if someone had experience like that and would like to help me out in it :mad::mad:

Thanks
    kind regards

2. syn74x

syn74x BANNED

You can't back it up because you don't have enough space to, just ask your server host to put you a extra HD in your current Server, copy it over that way :)

3. MMarko

MMarko Well-Known Member

you can copy this with scp

I'd suggest you that you set ssh protocol ver 1 because it is much faster when doing tasks like copying.

4. madaboutlinux

madaboutlinux Well-Known Member

You can use rsync to copy your complete website from the old server to new one. But you should have root access to both. Below is the command:

/usr/bin/rsync -vrplogDtH -e "ssh" /path/to/source/directory root@DestinationIP:/path/to/destination/directory

You should execute the above command from the source server and for more information for the options used, you can type:

man rsync

at command prompt. Advantage of rsync over scp is that, even if the copy fails for some reason, the next time you start, it will start from where you have left the previous time and not all over again.

#4 madaboutlinux, Sep 23, 2007
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  5. moobymoo

moobymoo Member

i would like to go for ssh..is there any special commands or cron which can transfer my site to new host