johnnylegend

Oct 17, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
My problems are long however I will keep them brief,

Split up with business partner who has changed passwords to our data centre based esxi server + cpanel + everything - basically,
Numerous websites started going down today on an vps ubuntu server so I went to the data centre and took down the server, with help of another technician we reset the esxi root password, and proceeded to reset all of the passwords, now the ubuntu server that the sites where originally going down on is back up however all of the sites on cpanel are not, I do not have the root password, how can i gain access to it to see what is it going on

It is running on cent os and I haven't been able to access single user mode by editing the grub menu, after reading on here it says that it can't be done, how can i reset the root password? - Help! I have a reseller password but it cannot log in locally

PenguinInternet

PartnerNOC
Jun 20, 2007
Cardiff, UK
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
If you've got access to the server at the datacentre then you should be able to boo tthis up in single user mode and reset the password quite easily. Failing that, boot it from a live cd and access it that way

johnnylegend

Oct 17, 2011
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi

Thanks penguin

Managed to log in as root but cpanel is still not up, it says all of the services are started and ip's are correct - haven't got a clue
any ideas?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Security 5
S Security 0
G Security 1
D Security 2
W Security 3