The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need VHosts to be LAN IP, and DNS to Be Outside IP

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Justin22, Oct 25, 2005.

1. Justin22

Justin22 Member

Hello Everyone! I have what i would call a very unique problem, but I need to be able to have my server automatically set the apache Virtual Host IPs to 192.168.1.105 (my lan IP) and the DNS Zones to my outside IP. I dont know if anyone has ever had this problem before, but if you have, or even if you havent and you know a way I could fix it I would be very happy.

--
    Justin

2. Edude

Edude Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey Justin,

As much as I have looked I haven't found a way to do what you want automatically,

I've had to go into the configuration and change the virtualhost entrys
    manually everytime I added a domain/subdomain etc..

You could possibly create a script that would parse your .conf file and change ip xx.xx.xx.xx to the LAN ip, and run every x amount of minutes.

Cheers,
    -Evan

3. Justin22

Justin22 Member

Not alright, but thanks for explaining its not possible... I have what might be a slightly better way... if I can make my routers internal ips start at XX.XXX.XXX.80 and go to - 94 (the Last IP Number), then It will listen to it without the "No website configured" page, well thanks. Im going to try now. Could be a very bad output, using SSH for all this lol, :D