The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need you help, server crash always...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jedia, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Jedia

Jedia Well-Known Member

:-(
    my server always crash , every services was stop, can't ssh into, but can PING it.
    i install the freebsd 4.9/4.10/5.3 with cpanel, server always auto reboot, one night the server auto reboot > 40 times.
    i install the redhat linux 8.0, 9.0, fedora core 1 , rhel 3,u3,u4 .the problam is the server always crash , all services stoped, but can PING .
    i install the fedora core 3, yes it fine, the server uptime for 7days. but cpanel does not support fedora core 3, has a lot of problam.
    linux 8.0/9.0/fedora core 1/rhel 3/u3/u4 all was kernel 2.4.x
    fedora core 3 is kernel 2.6.x
    may i install a fedora core 2 for test?
    i'am so crazy, at this year, the server no uptime > 10 days...
    so crazy.~

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Sounds like you have hardware problems if you're crashing with different OS's. I would suggest that you find a burn-in tool for the hardware and run it for a few days to see if it can identify possible hardware problems.

3. DigitalN

DigitalN Well-Known Member

As Chirpy suggests, I would install lmsensors http://www2.lm-sensors.nu/~lm78/ to check the cpu temp / cpu fan (if fitted) /case fans out and check the memory with memtest.
    Your datacenter could do a quick visual and hand on case for the fans and heat etc.