The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

needing cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chryslercirrus9, Jun 2, 2007.

1. chryslercirrus9

chryslercirrus9 Registered

i have a dedicated server and i want to host just one website on it.is there a version of cpanel i can download that will give me longer than 15 days to try it out?i dont want to do any reseller webhosting or anything like that and to be honest with everyone i dont have 1215.00 to purchase a cpanel license.i have tried several other admin control panels and cpanel is the best in my opinion.could i download one of the beta versions?do they have a time limit on them?thanks.

2. eNetHosts

eNetHosts Well-Known Member

Why don't you just find a cheap hosting solution?

What are your hosting requirements for the site?

3. chryslercirrus9

i have a unlimited webhosting account that i purchased off ebay.its a unlimited cpanel account.i had another and about a year later they closed up shop.i figured i would buy my own server and set my auction site up on it and i dont have to worry about a webhosting company going under and my site isnt online.i am a newbie to this sort of thing and im just experimenting but i do want to get online at sometime or another.most of my scripts are php/mysql scripts.the server i bought i got it pretty cheap.i know my auctionsite wouldnt be another ebay but it might generate a little more income.i have a 9 month old girl and i want her to have a better life than what i did coming up.:)

4. eNetHosts

See the problem is if there was a way for you to have cPanel for an extended time past the 15 day trial - everyone would use it instead of purchasing cPanel they'd just change their IP.

You'd probably be better off reselling the unlimited account back on eBay because it has no cPanel and then if you want I'm sure us and half of the other forum users could suggest reliable web hosts who intend to carry on and not to shut up shop - so to say.

And in the unlikely event that a host would shut up shop, it's just a simple case of backing up on a regular basis and restoring the latest backup on to a new server with a new host.

5. chryslercirrus9

true.thanks for the info.

6. eNetHosts

No problem. Anytime.