Neither HTTP nor DNS DCV preflight checks succeeded!

coatedpill

Registered
Jan 19, 2021
Quezon City
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I received this notification today with the following error .

The system failed to acquire a signed certificate from the cPanel Store because of the following error: Neither HTTP nor DNS DCV preflight checks succeeded!
This notice is the result of a request from “/usr/local/cpanel/bin/checkallsslcerts”.
The system generated this notice on Tuesday, January 19, 2021 at 2:44:10 AM UTC.
“cPanel service SSL certificate warnings” notifications are currently configured to have an importance of “Medium”.
How can I resolve this issue .

Thanks .

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! This is almost certainly an issue with the DNS configuration of the hostname or a problem with Apache on the system. The DCV check file gets placed in /var/www/html/.well-known/pki-validation/ - if you don't see a file there already you can create a file named test.txt and see if you can reach it at the following URL:

If that file loads, I would expect the DCV test to pass and the SSL to be issued. If the file doesn't load, you can troubleshoot from there based on the issue - a problem with DNS, issues with port 80, redirection on the hostname, or other issues you may find.

Can you see if you're able to access files from that directory on the server?