Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Neomail Error

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by DefHosting, May 25, 2002.

1. DefHosting

DefHosting Member

It appears since the update to CPanel 4.8.0 I'm getting these errors:
    -----------------------------------------------
    NEOMAIL ERROR

Couldn't open /home/***/mail/***!
    -----------------------------------------------

Anyone know the fix?
    CPanel version 4.8.0 - 11

Thanks.

2. DefHosting

DefHosting Member

Fixed it. The configuration directory was left behind.

3. marius

marius Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

same error

but how?

i get the same error when i create a new e-mail account. if i try using the outlook express it won't work - it asks for the pasword over and over. if i send an email to the newly created email account, the account will work just fine. once i delete the email send before and the inbox is empty same thing. cannot use outlook and the neomail gives me the
    &could not open /home/hosting account/mail/email account&
    even if i run /scripts/mailperm will change perms to 0660 but i cannot use the email account.

my client calls me everyday - everyday i send an email to that email addres, the account works just fine, the client downloads his email (the one i'm sending) and a couple of hours later.. he calls... my head spins

please.. a lil help here?!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. marius

marius Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

please..

i really need to fix it... please

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. marius

marius Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

still

please, there is no way to resolve this?

6. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

Is this happenning with just one account?

Can you do a direcory list of /home/***/mail and /home/***/mail/*** and post it on here?

7. marius

marius Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

error

i was creating a new account and had the ssh opend. after the creation af the account, in the /home/account appeared a new directory called mail, with nothing in it.... I entered the cpnel for that account, gone to the email accounts admin, and just before creating a new email account i checked again in the /home/account... the &mail& directory wasn't there anymore. I created the account but the /mail didn't showed up.

so i guess that is the problem... it cannot open /home/account/mail/email account cose there is no /mail .

why is this happening?

8. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

Are you saying that the mail directory disappeared when you logged on to cpanel?

9. marius

marius Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

error

yeas. just a sec.. i will create another account now.... ohh yes.. and if i send an email to the addresss i just created the /mail will appear again.

now.. i have created a new account.. the /mail is in its place... logging to the cpanel....i'ved loged in.. the /mail is there.... i hit the email administration - the /mail disappears...

what can be wrong in the pops.html that is leading to my problem?

10. Elena

Elena Well-Known Member

have you tried creating a dummy directory when the mail folder is available? This might prevent whatever might be removing the mail directory from doing it again.

11. marius

marius Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

error

If I create a directory within /mail the /mail will stay - but the error will persist. And I cannot create a directory everytime someone's creating a new account on the server...

12. marius

marius Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Me again,

It wasn't a neomail error at all. When I edited the cpanel, on a page i left a delpop before the &html&. So when I was accessing that page all the email accounts were deleted.

I tooked every page of cpanel and compare it with the original one. Lots of work for a small row i didn't see it :)

Marius

13. marius

marius Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Me again,

It wasn't a neomail error at all. When I edited the cpanel, on a page i left a delpop before the &html&. So when I was accessing that page all the email accounts were deleted.

I tooked every page of cpanel and compare it with the original one. Lots of work for a small row i didn't see it :)

Marius