Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

NeoMail Sending Error

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by DigitalSurgeon, Dec 3, 2005.

1. DigitalSurgeon

DigitalSurgeon Well-Known Member

I am getting the below mentioned error when I try to send email through NeoMail :

I read from the thread http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=1071&highlight=NeoMail+sending+error
    to create a symbolic link to /usr/sbin/exim for sendmail.When I create symbolic link then NeoMail do not show any sending error but every mail is bounced back with the message

How can I fix both of these errors ???? :(

2. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Are you saying that you are having issue with neomail only ?

or you are not able to send the mails anyway ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DigitalSurgeon

Sometimes I am able to send emails and sometimes not.I am not sure what is causing this problem.Right now I sent a test email through NeoMail and it didn't show any error and sent the email and I received but now I am not able to send through squirrel.

4. aby

aby Well-Known Member

You should check the exim_mainlog while you send to see what actaully is the issue. Also any errors when you send using squirrel mail ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. DigitalSurgeon

I have checked by sending through Squirrell mail and it seems that mails are not being sent as I din't find my sent email address in the exim_mainlog.I have tried /scripts/eximup --force.

6. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Any errors .. while you send via squirrel mail ?

7. DigitalSurgeon

No, Squirrell mail didn't report any error and exim_mainlogs are not showing any log on the sender email address.

8. aby

aby Well-Known Member

I am not convinced that you are not seeing any errors and nothing seeing in the logs... I can't help you ..without any error message... otherwise you should have a look at it..

9. jeanie

jeanie Member
    PartnerNOC

I am seeing the same problem on a system here.

Neomail reports:

ERROR SENDING MAIL
    Sorry, there was a problem sending your message. Please click your browser's Back button, check your message, and try again.

but nothing regarding the message shows up in any of Exim's logs.

I have yet to find the solution.

10. ps2wayne

ps2wayne Member

I managed to fix this problem by copying the file sendmail (/usr/sbin/sendmail) from another server and replacing it with the one that was on the server having the problem... if you run the command /usr/sbin/sendmail it was giving a segmentation fault error... after I replaced the file it would say: Exim is a Mail Transfer Agent. It is normally called by Mail User Agents, not directly from a shell command line. Options and/or arguments control what it does when called. For a list of options, see the Exim documentation.

Tested webmail, and everything worked.