The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.NET to WHM API

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quizboy, May 17, 2007.

1. Quizboy

Quizboy Member

Hi,

I want to call the XML API through "Announcements.php.inc" on my Linux machine from a .NET application running on an external Windows machine. Anyone done this who can explain how, or can point me to references on how to do this?

Thanks in advance.

2. bigpy2003

bigpy2003 Well-Known Member

make a php script output the xml and make the asp one get it?

3. Quizboy

Quizboy Member

where are the best references for setting up and using a php script?

if i understand how the php script works exactly, then I suppose I could setup the php script on the linux machine, and have the .net script call the php script and work with the output.

Is that really the best way to do this though, instead of just talking to the machine directly?

4. Quizboy

Quizboy Member

http://root:***{my root password}***@dinkuhosting.com/accounting.php.inc?plan=DinkuDomain&domain=xinxinxin.nl&username=xinxinxi&password=password&contactemail=xinxangproductions@hotmail.com

I'm using the above syntax to call accounting.php.inc which I've placed in the public_html/ directory of http://www.dinkuhosting.com the file is there, but when I call the url i get a FILE NOT FOUND error.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?