The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netlink.pm in cPanel error log

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ahbao, Feb 11, 2014.

1. ahbao

ahbao Member

any idea what's this error about in cPanel error_log? There are many of them

send: Connection refused at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Linux/Netlink.pm line 174, <STDIN> line 1

thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. ahbao

ahbao Member

this error in the log added every minute without me doing anything in cPanel,

I check around and it is in exim_mainlog too, maybe it is related to email sending (our emails working fine though). This 3 lines always together, happen at least once a minute.

2014-02-09 04:05:35 SMTP connection from [127.0.0.1]:44935 (TCP/IP connection count = 2)
    2014-02-09 04:05:36 send: Connection refused at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Linux/Netlink.pm line 174.
    2014-02-09 04:05:36 SMTP connection identification H=localhost A=127.0.0.1 P=44935 U=root ID= S=root B=identify_local_connection

Couldn't find anything from Google too, safe to ignore this?

4. cPanelPeter

cPanelPeter Technical Analyst III
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Do you have root access to the server? If so could you please open a support ticket using the link in my signature?

One of our analysts will be happy to check this out for you. I just looked at the Netlink.pm module on a test server and it does seem like it is a networking issue. Please post the ticket number here so that we can update this thread accordingly.

5. ahbao

ahbao Member

just want to update, this server had some hard drive problem last week, so instead of checking on this problem, we have decided to migrate to another server

thanks!