The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NetPBM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mysteerie, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Mysteerie

Mysteerie Well-Known Member

I'm trying to install (or rather reinstall), netpbm through WHM under the Install an RPM.

Problem is (I tried rebuilding the db), netpbm is not showing up at all, netpbm-devel is the only one showing up for install.

I did a rpm -qa | grep netpbm and it showed up installed. (Btw that command was given to me by a friend, but he isn't tha great on Fedora Systems.)

Anyways how would I go about reinstalling netPBM in WHM if it doesn't show up in the RPM list?

The only reason I'm trying to reinstall is because it says it's installed, but it's not showing up installed, or acting like it's installed. there is no /usr/bin/netpbm at all.

2. dezignguy

dezignguy Well-Known Member

There is no netpbm binary even when you do have it installed correctly, so that's not any reason to think it's not working.

Look for one of the netpbm programs like pnmtopng which is in /usr/bin/pnmtopng on my system.

If 'rpm -qa | grep netpbm' shows netpbm-progs then you should have the proper binaries. If not, you probably need to install that rpm package. The netpbm package just has the libraries in it, which your applicaiton may not be able to use.

3. Mysteerie

Mysteerie Well-Known Member

Oh I see, yea I do have pnmtopng in usr/bin/. i thoguht iwas working properly because when I use a scirpt (4images) and choose NetPBM it asks for the dir /usr/bin/ which i put in the path but it gives an error saying it can't find NetPBM.

Maybe I just did something wrong, thank you for the information.