The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Network Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FijianTribe, Apr 27, 2008.

1. FijianTribe

FijianTribe Well-Known Member

Last week my cpanel/whm server running under CentOS 4 started having networking issues. What appears to be pretty random occurances no web site can be reached.

If I do a service network restart, everything comes up fine. Initially I was rebooting the server until I found that I could just restart the network.

Oddly and it may or may not be related, I would loose all my accounts listed in WHM upon reboot. To fix this I always have to run /scripts/updateuserdomains

Hoping to get a community response before pinging support directly.

2. FijianTribe

Possible Solution - Config Server Firewall maybe the problem?

After seeing another post on configserver forums I uninstalled the firewall they offer. So far no issues as I was having before.

I didnt make any changes to the server, and updated to the latest version after these issues started happening.

It started maybe 2 weeks ago, anyone have an idea as to what the root of the issue might be?

I did check the lfd logs and nothing really showed there as being an issue.

3. FijianTribe

Well wrong again... so this time I reinstalled the latest version.... seems to loose network more consistently now between 10pm and 11:30pm PST.

Checked crontab and no processes running then... not sure what is going on.:eek:

4. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider