SOLVED Network issues between servers

ckon

Aug 17, 2021
athens
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello all,

I'm having the following issue with two of my servers(not configured by me so I'm sitting here trying to find what is going on).
2 of our 14 servers are not talking to each other.There is no problem whatsoever with the other 12 or the rest of the world.Just the two of them.One Cloudlinux 7 and the other Centos7, both having whm installed along with csf.
I cannot ping between them.The first one gives me Destination host unreachable and the other times out. Same goes with email delivery.I've tried disabling the firewall and cphulk, whitlisting, allow the ips on firewall but nothing seems to work.
I booted them both on rescue mode and everything seems to work fine.So i believe it's something on OS/whm level.
Any thaughts on where to take a look?

Thnx

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I don't believe this would be related to cPanel as our software doesn't control the network settings on the server. If you are able to ping between the two machines when they are in rescue mode, it sounds like there is something in the firewall or network configuration itself that is getting loaded along with the OS that is blocking the connection. You might want to have your datacenter or hosting provider check this out to see if there is something they can see on their side.