Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED NetworkManager Disable POST Install

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nathan Martin, May 11, 2018.

1. Nathan Martin

Nathan Martin Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I understand networkmanager is supposed to be disabled before install.

I running a hivelocity dedicated server, Centos7 WHM and started getting TONS of these errors in my

/var/log/messages:

Code:
    May 11 12:00:02 server3 journal: Error while sending AddMatch() message: The connection is closed
    May 11 12:00:02 server3 NetworkManager[805]: <warn>  [1526054402.0097] bus-manager: could not create org.freedesktop.DBus proxy (Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.DBus: The connection is closed); only the private D-Bus socket will be available
    May 11 12:00:05 server3 journal: Error while sending AddMatch() message: The connection is closed
    May 11 12:00:05 server3 NetworkManager[805]: <warn>  [1526054405.0099] bus-manager: could not create org.freedesktop.DBus proxy (Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.DBus: The connection is closed); only the private D-Bus socket will be available
    May 11 12:00:08 server3 journal: Error while sending AddMatch() message: The connection is closed
    May 11 12:00:08 server3 NetworkManager[805]: <warn>  [1526054408.0124] bus-manager: could not create org.freedesktop.DBus proxy (Error calling StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.DBus: The connection is closed); only the private D-Bus socket will be available
    May 11 12:00:11 server3 journal: Error while sending AddMatch() message: The connection is closed

My question is, disabling networkmanager at this point is want to be very sure this is the correct action to take or if there if something else going on here regarding org.freedesktop.DBus not being able to access networkmanager. This is a new error and my server is still operating as normal on the outside world.

Thank you!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nathan Martin

Nathan Martin Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Weird, i will confirm later, but it seems a graceful reboot after latest whm update seemed to stop the errors for the time being.

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello Nathan,

The error message is likely to appear again if you leave NetworkManager installed. Here's a summary from one of our Technical Analysts in a support ticket where a similar error message was reported:

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SactoBob

SactoBob Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Interestingly, this just started happening to me today too. On a server that's been up for about a year where I guess the initial cpanel install did not warn about network manager, so it wasn't turned off. A graceful reboot this afternoon also stopped all the messages and slow logins.

The below how-to is safe to do post install as well? Any issues to be expected with 200+ aliases on eth0? Will I need to do another reboot?

How to Disable Network Manager - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

You can follow those instructions post-installation, yes. You should only need to perform the steps referenced on this document. No additional steps are required, but note the following warnings:

Thank you.

7. SactoBob

SactoBob Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Perfect, thank you, that's all I needed to know. I'll do these steps with a console window open via vSphere just in case.

-bob

cPanelMichael likes this.