The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new account emails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by 1goodhost, Apr 9, 2004.

1. 1goodhost

1goodhost Member

Where can I alter the email thats sent out when a new account is created ... I would like to add some additional infomation to that email so that I can forward it to new clients ..... also does the new account form also email the client?

2. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

The email that is sent to you is part of the account creation script at /scripts/wwwacct. If you modify that script you will have to accept the complications involved. This is where you want to use a postwwwacct script. When an account is created, postwwwacct is called automatically if it exists. Check out my scripts at premierwebsitesolutions.com/scripts/.

3. 1goodhost

1goodhost Member

Good script

I used t your postwwwacct script it sends me an email but not the new client .... is there something I should do ...also should I rename wwwacct to wwwacct2

4. PWSowner

In WHM you should be getting a line saying "Email has been sent to client at .....". The email address shown here is where the email is sent to.

5. PWSowner

Don't rename the wwwacct file. My post script should be called postwwwacct. If you're already using a different postwwwacct script and you still want to use it as well, then you would rename it to postwwwacct2 and it would be run right after mine.