The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Accounts & Apache failing

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by ricoche, Sep 16, 2003.

1. ricoche

ricoche Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Hi there,

Lately with every account creation and/or deletion I am getting an apache crash message. Then apache automatically restarts. In my apache error logs I see several errors that follow this example:

[Tue Sep 16 17:54:17 2003] [notice] child pid 8736 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

I have searched and read many of the posts about this particular error but have not been able to find a fix.
    This is what I know and have done.

1. mod_perl is not in my httpd.conf file so I can't comment this out like some have suggested.

2. There is no other error info in the log other then what I presented above. I get many messages exactly the same.

Would rebuilding apache do the trick? Again I have read through many of the posts here and have investigated many of the ideas for a possible fix without any success.

Thanks for any advice or help here.

- Jim
    #1 ricoche, Sep 16, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2003
  2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2002
    seg faults are bad. You should or have your DC check your RAM for errors. If everything comes back okay, check your hard disk for issues.

A recompile of Apache may help, depends if your current compile is good or not. Support Ticket Number: