Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

New Accounts & Apache failing

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by ricoche, Sep 16, 2003.

1. ricoche

ricoche Well-Known Member

Hi there,

Lately with every account creation and/or deletion I am getting an apache crash message. Then apache automatically restarts. In my apache error logs I see several errors that follow this example:

[Tue Sep 16 17:54:17 2003] [notice] child pid 8736 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)

I have searched and read many of the posts about this particular error but have not been able to find a fix.
    This is what I know and have done.

1. mod_perl is not in my httpd.conf file so I can't comment this out like some have suggested.

2. There is no other error info in the log other then what I presented above. I get many messages exactly the same.

Would rebuilding apache do the trick? Again I have read through many of the posts here and have investigated many of the ideas for a possible fix without any success.

Thanks for any advice or help here.

- Jim

#1 ricoche, Sep 16, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2003
  2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

seg faults are bad. You should or have your DC check your RAM for errors. If everything comes back okay, check your hard disk for issues.

A recompile of Apache may help, depends if your current compile is good or not.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...