Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

new accounts take cpanel3-skel from root and not reseller

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mitchem, Jan 3, 2010.

1. mitchem

mitchem Registered

Is my reseller account set up incorrectly. When my provider (ie ROOT) sells my packages, we expect those accounts to take my /home/reseller/cpanel3-skel/public_html instead of/or in addition to /home/root/cpanel3_skel/public_html.

I imagine a way round it is for me to setup a postwwwacct script that deletes /home/newcust/public_html and copies reseller/cpanel3_skel files there, but I cant believe this is how things were designed to function.

Can anyone shed some light?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    The new account has to be created by the reseller to use the resellers cpanel3-skel directory. If root creates the account the system uses roots cpanel3-skel. If those two users are both you, you could copy over your cpanel3-skel files to the other cpanel3-skel so both can use them.

If I understood the question...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...