The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jackal, Feb 21, 2003.

1. jackal

jackal Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Got a question, I have a client that has account with us. He wants a mutilhosting account that he add domains under it. I know I can make him a reseller and he can add accounts. I also know that he could just use the add on domain feature. But here is what he wants.

He wants all domains to have their email accounts, plus he wants to have all of them with the same ftp login information. He uses one ftp and it pulls up all domains and also opens up cpanel from his main site and he can setup email accounts on all domains.

Jackal

Hoping someone has answer

2. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Use the addon domain feature. Addon domains can have their own pop3 email accounts and all the domains will be behind one control panel with one overall user and pass for ftp.

3. jackal

jackal Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Here is a example
    http://username:password@[url]www.domain1.com/controlpanel/[/url]

Guy has that and he has a add on domain under it called domain2.com which goes
    here domain1.com/domain2

now how would he setup email accounts and
    check them under domain2.com

say admin@doamin2.com how would I setup that

when I go to domain1 cpanel I only see options to setup email accounts for domain1 not the addon domain which is domain2

4. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Then domain2 was not properly added. Remove it and add it again and see if you get any, and I mean, any error messages.

5. jackal

jackal Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

thx marty found problem I am using custom skin and it did not have all new options and features I just updated the mail directory and it seems to be working and has options on add on domains to select now.

Thanks cpanel support team