The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Addon installer...

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by blairp36, Apr 21, 2006.

1. blairp36

blairp36 Active Member

Just updated to 10.8.2-C38 on RHEL 3 and was playing around with the new addon script installer (very nice!).

I just went through and installed all scripts to make sure they install correctly. All work fine except Wordpress, xoops and coppermine. All three create the database but don't populate it with any tables. Just an empty database.

Has anyone out there taken a look at this update? I can't seem to locate the new installer scripts. I know the old ones are in /usr/local/cpanel but I don't think these are being used on the new installer.

Thanks for any input...

2. rvskin

rvskin Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

It is in /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/.

3. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

Coppermine has just been fixed, the database name was too long so the SQL failed.

As for Wordpress and Xoops, the SQL files were done fine and all tabels and inserts were there and the test installs all worked fine.

If you can elaborate more specifically on how to reproduce the problem I'd be happy to look into it.

otherwise I imagine, mysql was down or something so that the SQl could not be done.

Let me know :)

4. blairp36

blairp36 Active Member

Yes... Coppermine now installs fine, Thanks for the info.

As for Wordpress, it seems to go through the install fine. After the install it shows the link to the new install. That link goes to the wordpress directory and displays this:

"It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running install.php."

I checked the database and it's empty. Database with no tables. User created. Also, no matter what I want to name the database, it's always the prefix "WP".

Anyway, just for kicks I downloaded and installed wordpress manually and it installed fine.

I've looked at the install script and can't find anything wrong with it. Is there anything logged during the install I could track down? Some sort of SQL error, install error or something?

Thank-you for the reply.

5. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

That is odd I can't reproduce it for the life of me, please create a trouble ticket and put "ATTN: Dan" in the subject and reference this forum post inthe ticket, and I'll get it resolved. Thanks :)

The "prefix" feild is for table prefixes not the database name.

6. blairp36

blairp36 Active Member

Thanks, I'll get that done today.

Blair

7. blairp36

blairp36 Active Member

8. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

NO! :) Its not a bug you need support ;)

http://support.cpanel.net/

9. rzscher

rzscher Registered

Similar problem

I'm having a similar issue with Wordpress. I had client mail me this morning that they were getting errors when trying to install WP. So, I've been trying and I'm told that I need to run the install.php as well, but when I try to I get this error:

Warning: main(/home/turnpt/public_html/wptest/wp-includes/pluggable-functions.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/turnpt/public_html/wptest/wp-settings.php on line 141

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home/turnpt/public_html/wptest/wp-includes/pluggable-functions.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/turnpt/public_html/wptest/wp-settings.php on line 141

I checked the pkg.tar.gz for Wordpress at that file doesn't exist in the package. I too downloaded a clean version of WP and can install it manually just fine.

Please advise.

10. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

So at this point it failed to open
    /home/turnpt/public_html/wptest/wp-includes/pluggable-functions.php
    so the qeustion is : why did it fail?

First thing to check is:

Does it exist? If so, are its permissions what they should be?

I imagine it does and they are since the next part tells you where its looking:

So most most likley its because the file is not in your inlcude_path.

Change your PHP settings to allow opening files in the user's home dir.

Correct, cPAddons installs it so the install.php is not included. If it was itd probably break any upgrade or uninstall funtionality and also make any urls it references invalid, etc etc

11. rzscher

rzscher Registered

Maybe I wasn't clear. It's the pluggable-functions.php file that doesn't exist. That's what I looked for in both the pkg.tar.gz file and the wptest/wp-includes directory. It's not the path, the file doesn't exist. I know it's not the path because if I touch a file called pluggable-functions.php in the wptest/wp-includes it finds the file...but obviously doesnt work because there's nothing in it.

12. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

I see, go ahead and open a trouble ticket and put "Attn Dan" in the subject of it and refernce this thread in the body.

Thanks!

13. blairp36

blairp36 Active Member

I think the problem is on my end so I'm going to play around a bit more before I send a trouble ticket.

It seems for some reason...

use [% wp %];

CREATE TABLE `[% table_prefix %]_categories

It's not inserting the [% table_prefix %] variable in the 1.5.2.mysql script or not calling up the 1.5.2.mysql script at all.

I think the database is created by the WordPress.pm file?? Is the 1.5.2.msql called from this script?

Strange thing is, all the other addon scripts work fine now.

14. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

the 1.5.2.mysql file has its [% %] variables interpolated and done via the cPAddons system on the fly.

More than likley there is a mysql issue keeping the MySQL part of the process from completing.

Make sure you have updated to the latest cPanel and have also gone into WHM and made sure that ll your addons are the latest versions.

This can be done at: http:// ... 208[6|7]/cgi/cpaddons.pl

HTH :)

15. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

Just FYI with Wordpress:

If you get:

"It doesn't look like you've installed WP yet. Try running install.php."

a) note that install.php was removed on purpose and by design so you will geta 404 message if you click that link.

b) This is why its happening:
    i. That message appears when update_user_cache() returns false (wp-settings.php)

ii.update_user_cache() returns false when the query "SELECT * FROM $wpdb->users WHERE
    user_level > 0" fails (wp-includes/functions.php)

iii. That query is failing (most likely) because there are not tables in the database.

iv. There are no tables because: the wordpress mysql file has invalid SQl in it:

tail /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log
    ERROR 1064 at line 3: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2' at line 9
    ERROR 1064 at line 3: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2' at line 9

v. The SQl error is because

SQL query:

CREATE TABLE `wp_categories` (
    `cat_ID` bigint( 20 ) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT ,
    `cat_name` varchar( 55 ) NOT NULL default '',
    `category_nicename` varchar( 200 ) NOT NULL default '',
    `category_description` longtext NOT NULL ,
    `category_parent` int( 4 ) NOT NULL default '0',
    PRIMARY KEY ( `cat_ID` ) ,
    KEY `category_nicename` ( `category_nicename` )
    ) ENGINE = MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT =2;

MySQL said:
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2' at line 9

Removing "DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1" allows it to work.

So we will likley have modify Wordpress's broken SQL so that it will work on a wider variety of MySQl versions and configurations.

I'll post back here once that is looked into done so that you can update your servers to the fixed version.

16. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

The bad SQL has been removed.

Simply update to the new version (Wordpress.pm v0.2) by doing:

WHM->cPanel->Install cPAddon Scripts->Force Refresh of All cPAddon
    Sources

and it should be all set :)

Any Wordpress folks listening:

Might be good to use valid SQL that works on a multitude of platforms :)

HTH, have a great day everyone

17. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

I should clarify that a bit :)

The default charset on table creation is actually preferable. But itd be nice to have SQL that does not randomly act different, which isn't the Wordpress folks fault necessarily

I'll be looking into the possiblity of adding it (or a more suitable, and widely compatible alternative) back in at some point.

18. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

The problem is that "DEFAULT CHARSET" is in mysql 4.1 but not 4.0.

So to remedy this the Wordpress SQL now does the DEFAULT CHARSET part only if its not MySQL 3.x or 4.0 :)

This will be in version 0.3 of Wordpress.pm

#18 cPDan, May 3, 2006
    Last edited: May 3, 2006
  19. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

Which is out now I should add :)

20. WizCraker

WizCraker Member

I'm running cPanel Build 10.8.2-CURRENT 110 and the Addon Installer fails to install any of the addons.

I currently have options for install of phBB, YaBB, WordPress, Geeklog, Mambo, Nucleus, phpWiki, phpMyChat, AgoraCart, OsCommerce, Coppermine, Advanced Guestbook, and cPSupport.

I"ve tried to install all but I after I hit submit it seems to have worked but it does not create a new database nor the install directory.

Did this get broken in this build?