The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New And In Over My Head

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dansuz, Aug 31, 2005.

1. dansuz

dansuz Registered

Aug 31, 2005
    I didn't know this forum was here and was happy to find it. I am now wondering how much knowledge I need to run the back end of our website? I see where people are talking about SQL issues, hackers etc, is this something we need to be concerned about or does Lypha configure this for us....we are on a shared host plan. I don't have much knowledge on how to run any of this and most of the threads were way above my head,( techie terms) you think it's possible to safely run a website here when we know so little? I don't know html so I am relying on using sitebuilder and didn't even know I had to register to have waiting but in the mean time I am scared to death I am in over my head and will lose my site after I manage to make it to people that do know what they are doing. Should I go somewhere and just have a tiny site built that has the back end run by someone else? Only problem is in these type sites user accounts can't be configured for each customer in my store, not that I know how to add that either in Cpanel. No I don't have alot of money to pay someone to do this all for me I already put out enough getting products to sell...sigh

Sorry this is such a miss mash of questions thats how new I am :eek:

2. ecwebtechie

ecwebtechie Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2005

Regarding security lypha will be forced to upgrade to the latest software and also lypha admins will be informed about the security updates and stuff by cpanel.

If you come across any issue or update regarding how to prevent hack, you can share the same information with your lypha support so that you can confirm "they have taken note of it"

If you can take regular backups of your website, if at all any nasty things happen you can restore with in minutes from the point of notice

Risk is there.... choosing the hosting company depends !!!