Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

New backup ( non legacy ) blocks my local nas

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Skin, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Skin

Skin Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I'm trying to use my local nas as additional destination for cpanel backup ( WHM 11.38.1 build 6 ), but every time I receive this message:
    I can verify and enable the destination from WHM »Backup »Backup Configuration and I can reach my nas from shell without problems.

I've increased the value of error threshold in /var/cpanel/backups/config from 3 to 20 but with no luck, and i have increased backup timeout value in seconds up to 50000, but I still can't use my nas as additional destination.

Have you any suggestion?

Thanks
    Alessio

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you notice any specific errors in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup_transporter.log or in the appropriate log file in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup related to the additional local destination?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Skin

Skin Well-Known Member

Hello, thanks for your reply.
    In /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup I can see this message, but everything else look ok:
    And in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup_transporter.log there are a lot of errors like this :
    Code:
    [2013-07-04 17:34:20 +0200] warn [cpbackup_transporter] Upload attempt failed: Could not create file.
     at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/LoggerAdapter.pm line 26
    	Cpanel::LoggerAdapter::warn(Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x243bc40), 'Upload attempt failed: Could not create file.\x0A') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 219
    	Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup::attempt_to_upload_file(Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup=HASH(0x240ede8), Cpanel::Transport::Files::FTP=HASH(0x2c613c0), '/backup/2013-07-04/accounts/pointnet.tar.gz', '/sdb1/cpanelbackup/2013-07-04/pointnet.tar.gz', Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x243bc40)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 135
    	Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup::process_task(Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup=HASH(0x240ede8), cPanel::TaskQueue::Task=HASH(0x2c554e0), Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x243bc40)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 571
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 574
    	cPanel::TaskQueue::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/StateFile.pm line 246
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/StateFile.pm line 246
    	cPanel::StateFile::Guard::call_unlocked(cPanel::StateFile::Guard=HASH(0x2ce7848), CODE(0x2d01b28)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 579
    	cPanel::TaskQueue::process_next_task(cPanel::TaskQueue=HASH(0x24232e8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpbackup_transporter line 89
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpbackup_transporter line 87
    [2013-07-04 17:34:20 +0200] info [cpbackup_transporter] cPanel Backup Transporter Queue Daemon is being stopped.

[2013-07-04 17:35:01 +0200] info [cpbackup_transporter] cPanel Backup Transporter Queue Daemon started.

[2013-07-04 17:35:01 +0200] info [cpbackup_transporter] cPanel Backup Transporter Queue Daemon is being stopped.

[2013-07-04 17:35:11 +0200] info [cpbackup_transporter] cPanel Backup Transporter Queue Daemon started.

Alessio

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look? You can open a ticket via:

Submit A Ticket

Please post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Skin

Skin Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I've just submitted a ticket, request id is: 4286213.

Thanks
    Alessio

6. Skin

Skin Well-Known Member

Hello, probably the problem is solved, first of all I should thank CPanel staff, cPanelMichael who started to help and Phil Stark.

The problem was related to my NAS which is associated to a dynamic dns service and the firewall ( in this case CSF ) which was blocking my ip adress for port scanning.

The solution is to edit csf.conf and enable the section dedicated to dynamic DNS:
    after enabling and setting DYNDNS csf.conf, you should edit csf.dyndns and add your hostname :
    restart csf and lfd and everithing should work.

Alessio

#6 Skin, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  7. Skin

Skin Well-Known Member

The problem is not solved, backup worked once, but now every time I make a backup I receive this message again:

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you reply to the ticket with this information so we can continue to troubleshoot the issue?

Thank you.

9. Skin

Skin Well-Known Member

Just done, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

It is a strange problem, because from shell I can connect to my nas, I can create, modify and delete files and directories.

10. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    To update, it looks like the issue has no longer occurred after using a different hostname for the remote destination.

Thank you.

11. Skin

Skin Well-Known Member

Hello, I still can't use my local NAS, I think that the problem is my local ftp server.
    I've installed a custom firmware and I'm using VSFTPD as ftp server, now I'm tryng to configure my local ftp server, here is my vsftpd.conf, but I have the same identical problem:
    :
    may be I'm doing something wrong?

12. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can re-open the ticket if the issue continues so we can continue to investigate and attempt to reproduce the issue if necessary.

Thank you.