The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New backup ( non legacy ) blocks my local nas

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Skin, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Skin

Skin Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I'm trying to use my local nas as additional destination for cpanel backup ( WHM 11.38.1 build 6 ), but every time I receive this message:
    I can verify and enable the destination from WHM »Backup »Backup Configuration and I can reach my nas from shell without problems.

I've increased the value of error threshold in /var/cpanel/backups/config from 3 to 20 but with no luck, and i have increased backup timeout value in seconds up to 50000, but I still can't use my nas as additional destination.

Have you any suggestion?

Thanks
    Alessio

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you notice any specific errors in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup_transporter.log or in the appropriate log file in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup related to the additional local destination?

Thank you.

3. Skin

Skin Well-Known Member

Hello, thanks for your reply.
    In /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup I can see this message, but everything else look ok:
    And in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/cpbackup_transporter.log there are a lot of errors like this :
    Code:
    [2013-07-04 17:34:20 +0200] warn [cpbackup_transporter] Upload attempt failed: Could not create file.
     at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/LoggerAdapter.pm line 26
    	Cpanel::LoggerAdapter::warn(Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x243bc40), 'Upload attempt failed: Could not create file.\x0A') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 219
    	Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup::attempt_to_upload_file(Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup=HASH(0x240ede8), Cpanel::Transport::Files::FTP=HASH(0x2c613c0), '/backup/2013-07-04/accounts/pointnet.tar.gz', '/sdb1/cpanelbackup/2013-07-04/pointnet.tar.gz', Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x243bc40)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Backup/Queue.pm line 135
    	Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup::process_task(Cpanel::Backup::Queue::transport_backup=HASH(0x240ede8), cPanel::TaskQueue::Task=HASH(0x2c554e0), Cpanel::LoggerAdapter=HASH(0x243bc40)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 571
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 574
    	cPanel::TaskQueue::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/StateFile.pm line 246
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/StateFile.pm line 246
    	cPanel::StateFile::Guard::call_unlocked(cPanel::StateFile::Guard=HASH(0x2ce7848), CODE(0x2d01b28)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/cPanel/TaskQueue.pm line 579
    	cPanel::TaskQueue::process_next_task(cPanel::TaskQueue=HASH(0x24232e8)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpbackup_transporter line 89
    	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/bin/cpbackup_transporter line 87
    [2013-07-04 17:34:20 +0200] info [cpbackup_transporter] cPanel Backup Transporter Queue Daemon is being stopped.

[2013-07-04 17:35:01 +0200] info [cpbackup_transporter] cPanel Backup Transporter Queue Daemon started.

[2013-07-04 17:35:01 +0200] info [cpbackup_transporter] cPanel Backup Transporter Queue Daemon is being stopped.

[2013-07-04 17:35:11 +0200] info [cpbackup_transporter] cPanel Backup Transporter Queue Daemon started.

Alessio

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open a support ticket so we can take a closer look? You can open a ticket via:

Submit A Ticket

Please post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

5. Skin

Skin Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I've just submitted a ticket, request id is: 4286213.

Thanks
    Alessio

6. Skin

Skin Well-Known Member

Hello, probably the problem is solved, first of all I should thank CPanel staff, cPanelMichael who started to help and Phil Stark.

The problem was related to my NAS which is associated to a dynamic dns service and the firewall ( in this case CSF ) which was blocking my ip adress for port scanning.

The solution is to edit csf.conf and enable the section dedicated to dynamic DNS:
    after enabling and setting DYNDNS csf.conf, you should edit csf.dyndns and add your hostname :
    restart csf and lfd and everithing should work.

Alessio

#6 Skin, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  7. Skin

Skin Well-Known Member

The problem is not solved, backup worked once, but now every time I make a backup I receive this message again:

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you reply to the ticket with this information so we can continue to troubleshoot the issue?

Thank you.

9. Skin

Skin Well-Known Member

Just done, thanks

- - - Updated - - -

It is a strange problem, because from shell I can connect to my nas, I can create, modify and delete files and directories.

10. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  11. Skin

Skin Well-Known Member

Hello, I still can't use my local NAS, I think that the problem is my local ftp server.
    I've installed a custom firmware and I'm using VSFTPD as ftp server, now I'm tryng to configure my local ftp server, here is my vsftpd.conf, but I have the same identical problem:
    :
    may be I'm doing something wrong?

12. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can re-open the ticket if the issue continues so we can continue to investigate and attempt to reproduce the issue if necessary.

Thank you.