The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New board

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brian Farkas, Feb 6, 2002.

1. Brian Farkas

Brian Farkas Well-Known Member

The new board looks much better... no bugs/mysql errors yet, anyway, which is certainly a promising sign :).

Any chance that this BB might be integrated into cpanel in the future?

BTW- kudos to Nick for all the work he's been putting in to this project lately... Some great improvements over the past couple of weeks.

2. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

Agree'd, This board has a nice look.

3. AlaskanWolf

AlaskanWolf Well-Known Member

very nice and great job nick ;) ;)

4. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:ea00ab1471][i:ea00ab1471]Originally posted by Brian Farkas[/i:ea00ab1471]

The new board looks much better... no bugs/mysql errors yet, anyway, which is certainly a promising sign :).

Any chance that this BB might be integrated into cpanel in the future?

BTW- kudos to Nick for all the work he's been putting in to this project lately... Some great improvements over the past couple of weeks.[/quote:ea00ab1471]

Thanks... OBB should be appearing in cpanel soon. We are working with the guys over at OBB (they rock!) to get an xmb converting going. We should have OBB integrated into cpanel in the very near future.

5. shaun

shaun Well-Known Member

Wahoo!

6. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

:) and -thanks nick- it uses verdana, not helvetica. Now we can actually READ it!

7. Curt

Curt Well-Known Member

I must say I really like the new board also, this is great!

8. voxtreme-matt

voxtreme-matt Well-Known Member

new board is great - but i forgot my pass, the reset pass function didn't work for me... so here i am, with a new account ;)

9. Brownie

Brownie Well-Known Member

/me likes the smilies...it reminds him of msn chat sessions :p

10. ace

ace Active Member

[quote:8ea12ef663][i:8ea12ef663]Originally posted by voxtreme-matt[/i:8ea12ef663]

new board is great - but i forgot my pass, the reset pass function didn't work for me... so here i am, with a new account ;) [/quote:8ea12ef663]

Hmm.. Well, you can have Nick either change it, or e-mail you a random via the user manager. :)

11. IntraHost Com

IntraHost Com Registered

hmmm

I couldn't get my password reset... on username IntraHost. I get the validate email, but the webpage is blank after I click it... I don't get a new password or anything. :(

12. ace

ace Active Member

Please note this is a pre-release. We (Iansoft/OpenBB) are still working out some last minute details.

If you have any problems, please feel free to visit http://community.iansoft.net and we'll do our best to help you through. I don't want to clutter up the Cpanel boards with OpenBB issues. ;)

Also note the XMB -& obb converter used on this particular board is/was experimental and still being worked on for the final release, so some of these issues may have been caused by the conversion.

Enjoy. :)

13. Kylecool

Kylecool Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm glad Lindy and Nick did this. It's GREAT! ;)

-Kyle :)

14. ZachICU

ZachICU Well-Known Member

Right side of the screen is cut off for me, like post reply.

Zach

15. Mat

Mat Well-Known Member

You might think about redirecting support.cpanel.net/new/ to support.cpanel.net/obb... I thought this was down for a few minutes.....

Hmm... the smiles here look strangely familar, I really doubt oBB got permission from MS to use them :P

16. ace

ace Active Member

[quote:db46a34aa6][i:db46a34aa6]Originally posted by Mat[/i:db46a34aa6]

Hmm... the smiles here look strangely familar, I really doubt oBB got permission from MS to use them :P[/quote:db46a34aa6]

lol ;) I checked into it, Microsoft doesn't care, but they prohibit the use of the Microsoft logo, MSN logo, and certain other things like clipart that they themselves aren't permitted to allow redistribution. Infact, they even have a XP graphics SDK.

When researching it though, I found something interesting (read: insane) the name &Bill Gates& is protected... lol

17. vashadow

vashadow Member

XMB Convert

I have just sufferd a system crash and had to reinstall XMB after using the old versing now for over over a month I am ready to toss the new version(ITS UNSTABLE) but I NEED somthing running so I am planning to upgrade to openbb as soon as possable. I can load the software and the data base but is there anything I should know about converting the data from XMB to openbb. I will most likly be copy and pasting the data from one DB to the other.

Any hints would be wounderfull..

Thanks
    VaShadow :)

18. rpmws

rpmws Well-Known Member

I love the thing :) it has a nice soft yet clean look and the colors used here are nice too. Reminds me of VBul but seems like the old one on here was faster. But hands down I will take this one over just about everything else out there. nice job guys.!!;)

19. gorgo

gorgo Well-Known Member

ya, I hated the old board, I would try to login and it would bring me back to the login screen with and without cookies on, and bah! never worked

20. ace

ace Active Member

[quote:fa49ac5dc6][i:fa49ac5dc6]Originally posted by vashadow[/i:fa49ac5dc6]

I have just sufferd a system crash and had to reinstall XMB after using the old versing now for over over a month I am ready to toss the new version(ITS UNSTABLE) but I NEED somthing running so I am planning to upgrade to openbb as soon as possable. I can load the software and the data base but is there anything I should know about converting the data from XMB to openbb. I will most likly be copy and pasting the data from one DB to the other.

Any hints would be wounderfull..

Thanks
    VaShadow :) [/quote:fa49ac5dc6]

If you can wait a little while longer, there will be a converter for XMB -& OpenBB. As it stands, it's not yet 100%, but if you want to drop me an e-mail: ace@openbb.net I'll be happy to send it to you. Glad to see you making the switch btw. :)