Brian Farkas

Well-Known Member
Aug 12, 2001
81
0
306
The new board looks much better... no bugs/mysql errors yet, anyway, which is certainly a promising sign :).

Any chance that this BB might be integrated into cpanel in the future?

BTW- kudos to Nick for all the work he's been putting in to this project lately... Some great improvements over the past couple of weeks.
 
B

bdraco

Guest
[quote:ea00ab1471][i:ea00ab1471]Originally posted by Brian Farkas[/i:ea00ab1471]

The new board looks much better... no bugs/mysql errors yet, anyway, which is certainly a promising sign :).

Any chance that this BB might be integrated into cpanel in the future?

BTW- kudos to Nick for all the work he's been putting in to this project lately... Some great improvements over the past couple of weeks.[/quote:ea00ab1471]

Thanks... OBB should be appearing in cpanel soon. We are working with the guys over at OBB (they rock!) to get an xmb converting going. We should have OBB integrated into cpanel in the very near future.
 

kosmo

Well-Known Member
Verifed Vendor
Aug 12, 2001
403
0
316
All over Europe
:) and -thanks nick- it uses verdana, not helvetica. Now we can actually READ it!
 

Curt

Well-Known Member
Oct 16, 2001
90
0
306
I must say I really like the new board also, this is great!
 

voxtreme-matt

Well-Known Member
Feb 6, 2002
58
0
306
new board is great - but i forgot my pass, the reset pass function didn't work for me... so here i am, with a new account ;)
 

Brownie

Well-Known Member
Aug 10, 2001
145
0
316
/me likes the smilies...it reminds him of msn chat sessions :p
 

ace

Active Member
Sep 24, 2001
34
0
306
[quote:8ea12ef663][i:8ea12ef663]Originally posted by voxtreme-matt[/i:8ea12ef663]

new board is great - but i forgot my pass, the reset pass function didn't work for me... so here i am, with a new account ;) [/quote:8ea12ef663]

Hmm.. Well, you can have Nick either change it, or e-mail you a random via the user manager. :)
 

IntraHost Com

Registered
Feb 6, 2002
4
0
301
hmmm

I couldn't get my password reset... on username IntraHost. I get the validate email, but the webpage is blank after I click it... I don't get a new password or anything. :(
 

ace

Active Member
Sep 24, 2001
34
0
306
Please note this is a pre-release. We (Iansoft/OpenBB) are still working out some last minute details.

If you have any problems, please feel free to visit http://community.iansoft.net and we'll do our best to help you through. I don't want to clutter up the Cpanel boards with OpenBB issues. ;)

Also note the XMB -& obb converter used on this particular board is/was experimental and still being worked on for the final release, so some of these issues may have been caused by the conversion.

Enjoy. :)
 

Mat

Well-Known Member
Sep 26, 2001
55
0
306
You might think about redirecting support.cpanel.net/new/ to support.cpanel.net/obb... I thought this was down for a few minutes.....


Hmm... the smiles here look strangely familar, I really doubt oBB got permission from MS to use them :P
 

ace

Active Member
Sep 24, 2001
34
0
306
[quote:db46a34aa6][i:db46a34aa6]Originally posted by Mat[/i:db46a34aa6]

Hmm... the smiles here look strangely familar, I really doubt oBB got permission from MS to use them :P[/quote:db46a34aa6]

lol ;) I checked into it, Microsoft doesn't care, but they prohibit the use of the Microsoft logo, MSN logo, and certain other things like clipart that they themselves aren't permitted to allow redistribution. Infact, they even have a XP graphics SDK.

When researching it though, I found something interesting (read: insane) the name &Bill Gates& is protected... lol
 

vashadow

Member
Oct 19, 2001
7
0
301
XMB Convert

I have just sufferd a system crash and had to reinstall XMB after using the old versing now for over over a month I am ready to toss the new version(ITS UNSTABLE) but I NEED somthing running so I am planning to upgrade to openbb as soon as possable. I can load the software and the data base but is there anything I should know about converting the data from XMB to openbb. I will most likly be copy and pasting the data from one DB to the other.

Any hints would be wounderfull..

Thanks
VaShadow :)
 

rpmws

Well-Known Member
Aug 14, 2001
1,822
8
318
back woods of NC, USA
I love the thing :) it has a nice soft yet clean look and the colors used here are nice too. Reminds me of VBul but seems like the old one on here was faster. But hands down I will take this one over just about everything else out there. nice job guys.!!;)
 

gorgo

Well-Known Member
Jan 9, 2002
148
0
316
ya, I hated the old board, I would try to login and it would bring me back to the login screen with and without cookies on, and bah! never worked
 

ace

Active Member
Sep 24, 2001
34
0
306
[quote:fa49ac5dc6][i:fa49ac5dc6]Originally posted by vashadow[/i:fa49ac5dc6]

I have just sufferd a system crash and had to reinstall XMB after using the old versing now for over over a month I am ready to toss the new version(ITS UNSTABLE) but I NEED somthing running so I am planning to upgrade to openbb as soon as possable. I can load the software and the data base but is there anything I should know about converting the data from XMB to openbb. I will most likly be copy and pasting the data from one DB to the other.

Any hints would be wounderfull..

Thanks
VaShadow :) [/quote:fa49ac5dc6]

If you can wait a little while longer, there will be a converter for XMB -& OpenBB. As it stands, it's not yet 100%, but if you want to drop me an e-mail: [email protected] I'll be happy to send it to you. Glad to see you making the switch btw. :)