The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New & confused

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chadericryansma, Dec 31, 2004.

1. chadericryansma

chadericryansma Registered

I don't have a webmaster anymore so I'm trying to take care of my webpage myself. I'm not getting very far. I want to change one of my links and can't figure out how to do it. I would also like to add a chat room but dummy me can't figure out how to do that either. Can someone please help? I've checked the page that was listed in the sticky on how to use cpanel but I still don't understand it.

Thanks, Brenda

2. configure

configure Registered

Hi Brenda,

To edit your web pages you could use a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editor such as Microsoft FrontPage or Macromedia Dreamweaver (unfortunately, they come at a price...) or you could use Notepad or another text editor if you fancy delving straight into the HTML.

The HTML tag for a link would look like this:

Code:
    <a href="http://www.domain.com" target="_blank">Click here!</a>
    The href="x" part holds the URL that the hyperlink will redirect the user to if/when they click it, and the target="_blank" part makes the link open in a new window. You can also use target="_top" so the link takes over the whole browser window (useful for getting rid of frames), or if you do use frames on your website you can use target="_self" to make the link load in the frame that it displays in.

A chat room could be a little harder, I'd search around Google for a free chat room provider, perhaps a site like bravenet.com offers a free service.

Hope this helps,

conf.

3. Mundi

Mundi Registered

this is just a thought, i dont know exactly what you are looking for, but if you go to this website www.raidersoft.com they have a pretty nice chat called sigma chat that you can get for free, you need to register, but it is very nice.
    Mundi

4. brentp

brentp Well-Known Member

theres pjirc for a webchat applet which can connect to an irc server and join a chatroom, or for no html coding required cpanel has entropychat which you can use (provides the html code to put into a page).

Regards,
    Brent