The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New cPanel server, and an error that no one can solve!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jols, Dec 8, 2007.

1. jols

jols Well-Known Member

This is a brand new server, we get all the prep work done and then we notice that multiple errors come up when accessing the test accounts' cPanel.

The techs at ThePlanet can not resolve this one. My troubleticket at cPanel goes unanswered, and we are despritly late with this one. Can any one help?

Here's what I get when going to a cPanel vsite account from WHM:

Unable to understand response from admin bin: reseller sent: RESELLERSUSERS root received:[]: Illegal seek at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdminBin.pm line 140.
    Cpanel::AdminBin::adminfetch('reseller', 'ARRAY(0xaa999b8)', 'RESELLERSUSERS', 'storable', 'root') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Resellers.pm line 37
    Cpanel::Resellers::Resellers_accountlistopt() called at (eval 63) line 1
    eval 'Cpanel::Resellers::Resellers_accountlistopt(@{$argref});' called at cpanel.pl line 1414
    main::exectag('<cpanel Resellers="accountlistopt()">') called at cpanel.pl line 4422
    main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 4311
    main::cpanel_parseblock('SCALAR(0xaa8f0e0)') called at cpanel.pl line 4265
    main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0xa6e78cc)') called at cpanel.pl line 2567
    main::doinclude('/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding/index.html') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Branding.pm line 77
    Cpanel::Branding::Branding_include('index.html') called at (eval 7) line 1
    eval 'Cpanel::Branding::Branding_include(@{$argref});' called at cpanel.pl line 1414
    main::exectag('<cpanel Branding="include(index.html)">') called at cpanel.pl line 4422
    main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 4311
    main::cpanel_parseblock('SCALAR(0x9104778)') called at cpanel.pl line 4265
    main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0xa6790a8)') called at cpanel.pl line 1104

Also, getting a bunch of other errors like this:

Unable to understand response from admin bin: apache sent: GETDOMAINIP domain.com received:[]: Illegal seek at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdminBin.pm line 140.
    Cpanel::AdminBin::adminfetch('apache', '/usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf', 'GETDOMAINIP', 'scalar', 'domain.com') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/UserDomainIp.pm line 23
    Cpanel::UserDomainIp::getdomainip('domain.com') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ExpVar.pm line 185
    Cpanel::ExpVar::expvar('$hasdedicatedip') called at cpanel.pl line 1748
    main::execiftag('<cpanelif $hasdedicatedip') called at cpanel.pl line

etc etc etc.
    (yes I subsittuted with domain.com in the above.)

All seems to stem from ---> Illegal seek at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdminBin.pm line 140.

If no one can resolve this, I am truly concerned about our other cPanel servers that have many active hosting accounts!!!!!!!!!!

------------

P.S. Yes, we have perl v5.8.8. installed. Here's the other data on the version of cPanel, etc.:

WHM 11.11.0 cPanel 11.15.0-R18264
    REDHAT 5.1 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

Also using Apache 2.2 with these features:

IonCube Loader for PHP

Mod Bandwidth

Mod Security

Suhosin for PHP

Zend Optimizer for PHP

---- advanced:
    suPHP

Bcmath
    CGI
    Calendar
    Curl
    CurlSSL
    Curlwrappers
    GD
    GetText
    Iconv
    Imap
    Magic Quotes
    Mbregex
    Mbstring
    Mcrypt
    Mhash
    Mysql
    Mysql of the system
    POSIX
    Path Info Check
    Pear
    Sockets
    Zip
    Zlib

#1 jols, Dec 8, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  2. ToddShipway

ToddShipway Well-Known Member

Hello,

Run

Code:
    touch /var/cpanel/skipparentcheck
    Please let me know if this resolves the issue, if it does not resolve it, please give me the ticket number that you have submitted to cPanel so I can look further into this for you.

3. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Thanks a bunch Todd!

Yes, this seems to have done the trick.

Is there anything else I should be aware of here?

And a brief explaniation as to what the cause of the error was would be appreciated.

4. ToddShipway

ToddShipway Well-Known Member

This is often caused by /usr/local/cpanel symlinked to another location, such as /home/cpanel, but it can also be caused by /usr/local/apache being symlinked as well as other directories being symlinked. suexec cannot follow symlinks and creating /var/cpanel/skipparentcheck causes cPanel to operate properly with the links.

I haven't seen your ticket to login and determine the exact cause for the errors on this specific server, however the above explanation may help understand the resolution.

5. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Okay, thanks again. I'd like to keep the trouble ticket opened just so the system can be checked in case there are further errors.

One thing I did notice was several files in locations like /usr/local/cpanel/base/ which had the owner and group name ---> "500".

This was unlike any of our other cPanel servers, so I began correcting such files back to root:root or root:wheel, etc. very carefully, one file at a time, thinking this was part of the problem.