The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Cpanel server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scubadave, Sep 2, 2005.

1. scubadave

scubadave Registered

A couple of dumb questions, This is my first cpanel server I used to ensim In adding a domain it does not ad a default index page, should it? or do I need to create one and add it to my skel dir. also what are the email settings that the system uses? for outlook express
    I do not seam to be recieving any server mail either I do have the address set up for it in the main set up just doesnt seam to send me mail
    Thanks
    Dae Jacobs

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Hi,

Yes, you need to use the /root/cpanel3-skel/ dir for any files you want include din new accounts (i.e. a default index page).

For the system email, make sure that you have setup WHM > Change System Mail Preferences > to have a valid email address set for each one of those entries.

As for logging into POP3 (if the above is not the issue) then if you have the Default Address pointing to your main cPanel account, you would login to the POP3 server using account/password. If, however, you have the Default Address pointing anywhere else (or set to :fail: ) then you should create a virtual POP3 (Mail) account called account@domain.com and then login via POP3 to account@domain.com/password. Where account=cPanel account name. The alternative to that (setting up a virtual POP3 account) is to setup a forwarder in the account for account@domain.com to point to account@hostname.server.com. Let me know if that all sounds like gibberish ;)