The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Cpanel theme

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by Roy@ENHOST, Oct 15, 2002.

1. Roy@ENHOST

Roy@ENHOST Well-Known Member

Just to let you guys know,we are launching new theme in few weeks time.
    Code name Dream Theme.
    Expect to see the yummy screenshot soon!

To those who have not seen our work, please go to http://www.enhost.com/cp/ to take a look at our XP style control panel.

2. flashhosts

flashhosts Active Member

when will the screenshot be out and how much will it cost for the skin?

3. Roy@ENHOST

[quote:ed8efa345e][i:ed8efa345e]Originally posted by flashhosts[/i:ed8efa345e]

when will the screenshot be out and how much will it cost for the skin?[/quote:ed8efa345e]

Nothing is confirmed yet but the screenshot will be out in 2 weeks we hope.
    We might be having a pre-order discount by then.

4. mikey

mikey Registered

looks very nice

personally i was working on a windows xp deisgn myself, but unlike that. i was going to make one with a working start menu, resizeable/moveable windws, andcustom graphics

either way, keep up the good work :)

5. Roy@ENHOST

[quote:56e328ddff][i:56e328ddff]Originally posted by mikey[/i:56e328ddff]

looks very nice

personally i was working on a windows xp deisgn myself, but unlike that. i was going to make one with a working start menu, resizeable/moveable windws, andcustom graphics

either way, keep up the good work :) [/quote:56e328ddff]

Hi Mikey, I think you got it wrong,:)
    The theme you saw is our old Cpanel theme. The new one is not even released! ;)
    We thought of the start button idea too but did not go ahead as we want better navigation for our clients.

6. hostbet

hostbet Well-Known Member

How about providing UPDATES for the them to your curent clients like me?

Tha will be nice :(

7. haze

haze Well-Known Member

[quote:d0cb67deee][i:d0cb67deee]Originally posted by hostbet[/i:d0cb67deee]

Tha will be nice :([/quote:d0cb67deee]
    Ouch!

8. Roy@ENHOST

[quote:15b176f7bf][i:15b176f7bf]Originally posted by hostbet[/i:15b176f7bf]

Tha will be nice :([/quote:15b176f7bf]

I forgot to add. The updates will be rolled out together with the new theme.
    ;)

9. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

Kosmo gave us an exact date of launch for his new theme elsewhere in this forum. That's what I call business-like. He promises and delivers.

[b:ea5a3bebab]Are you able to do the same?[/b:ea5a3bebab]

Can you give a firm date for the launch of your new theme as well as for the full updates to your current XP theme?

Norman

10. linuxnewbie

linuxnewbie Member

ithink you should release update for cpanelxp before you start dreaming about your dream theme

11. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

[quote:8930729ba7][i:8930729ba7]Originally posted by linuxnewbie[/i:8930729ba7]

i think you should release update for cpanelxp before you start dreaming about your dream theme[/quote:8930729ba7]LOL... Almost 3 weeks have passed since he said he'd release the updates AND the new theme.

12. Roy@ENHOST

linuxnewbie,

the CPanel XP V5 was released 1 week before you posted the message below.

We too would love to release themes asap just like you guys would like to see it released asap, but theme development is not an easy task. Ask any seasoned theme developers like Kosmo and deodreamer and they will tell you that theme development is not like as easy as majority thought it is.
    So I would really appreciate it if you guys give a little leeway for the promise of a very good product.

[quote:7bb89cd13a][i:7bb89cd13a]Originally posted by linuxnewbie[/i:7bb89cd13a]

ithink you should release update for cpanelxp before you start dreaming about your dream theme[/quote:7bb89cd13a]

13. hostbet

Kosmo and deodreamer?

Do not even mention deodreamer... :( = BAD

Kosmo is up today with all the themes and as a matter of fact I juts got his last theme that he developed.

I will said... too many excuses, if some one could do it it will be kosmo, I will said that in fact I received your file with so call update theme but I tested but will not upload to my clients.

14. Roy@ENHOST

I mention deodreamer not because of his ability to update themes often but because of the quality. I too noticed he has been missing in action for a very long time and I think his themes are not updated but still it is one of the best looking themes around. Kosmo might not have the greatest looking theme but he is so far the fastest updater. Kudos to him.Welldone, Kosmo.
    We would love to be as quick as Kosmo to updating the new theme but due to the nature of our themes it will take a little longer.

Well, we had hell of a time relocating and the update that our clients receive is not only an update but an overhaul.
    It looks different from the previous theme and has all the new features. Click here to view it if you have not installed the theme.
    http://cpdemo:demo@enhost.com:2082/
    These are the reasons why the theme got delayed.
    Well, most of our clients sent very great feedbacks like how they like the new interface and things like that.
    It is one of the reason that kept us going.

[quote:df065d4104][i:df065d4104]Originally posted by hostbet[/i:df065d4104]

Kosmo and deodreamer?

Do not even mention deodreamer... :( = BAD

Kosmo is up today with all the themes and as a matter of fact I juts got his last theme that he developed.

I will said... too many excuses, if some one could do it it will be kosmo, I will said that in fact I received your file with so call update theme but I tested but will not upload to my clients.[/quote:df065d4104]

15. hostbet

I agree that deodreamer is a good looking theme and that your is very good theme also but why I will have a good looking theme without updates... it mean nothing.

I do not mean to put your themes down since they are very nice but if you make updates for them you will be doing much better with your themes. I think that the only way to force good quality provided to the hosting companies is to bring the matter to consumer &us&. I do mean well, I just like to said that if you really like to bring more themes it will be nice that you show good support for all your themes by updating and provide of communications by forum so we really see what other have to say regarding pass and future themes.

thanks and keep the good work.....

16. Roy@ENHOST

Hostbet,

Doedreamer could have been the king of CPanel theme if he updated his theme dutifully. Too bad he disappeared out of the scene like that.

We are very fortunate to have customers like you.
    We took too long to do the overhaul but the best thing to expect now is that our customers like it. We have lost some of the confidence of the customers like you due to this delay.
    We delayed but at least we deliver ;)
    It will take some time to gain the confidence of our customers again. Confidence and reputation is earned, it doesn't happen overnight so we do not expect our customers to have full confidence in us overnight just because we release the overhauled update.We are committed to update the theme quickly in the future, hoping to regain our customer's confidence little by little.

What do you guys think of CPanel XP V5 that we released anyway?
    http://cpdemo:demo@enhost.com:2082/

[quote:58279c2fde][i:58279c2fde]Originally posted by hostbet[/i:58279c2fde]

I agree that deodreamer is a good looking theme and that your is very good theme also but why I will have a good looking theme without updates... it mean nothing.

I do not mean to put your themes down since they are very nice but if you make updates for them you will be doing much better with your themes. I think that the only way to force good quality provided to the hosting companies is to bring the matter to consumer &us&. I do mean well, I just like to said that if you really like to bring more themes it will be nice that you show good support for all your themes by updating and provide of communications by forum so we really see what other have to say regarding pass and future themes.

thanks and keep the good work.....[/quote:58279c2fde]

17. hostbet

Thank you for understanding that to keep up with competitors you need to do as well or better.

I will give your theme 9 of 10 on good display.

On my opinion the only thing about the new update is that I like the old orange background and buttons just the way it was before.

I know you will get back your confidence by doing more updates and keep on top of the theme project. I though that by getting into the cpanel theme and getting paid for your work will make theme makers more serious on designing and support for their job.