The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New customer only new domain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mairj23, Jul 21, 2005.

1. mairj23

mairj23 Member

Hi every one I'm a beginner WHM user, with the help of my friend I install adn configure it correctly, but now I just want to know something. If my client buy only a domain without any hosting package, how can I do to add domain in WHM???
    I wnat give to my customer who buy only domain Url forwarding and management of Dns and E-mail so he can point his domain to another web sapce, and page "site under construction"
    How can I do this??
    I must create a package for "only domain" and then create a new account?
    or ther's another way???
    help quickly please!!!!!!

2. TitaniumHosting

TitaniumHosting Well-Known Member

You could just create an account with that domain and give the person the email address and login details. Place up an Under Construction page or just a blank page in public_html in that account cPanel.

3. lankyb

lankyb Well-Known Member

There is no control panel for customers allowing them access and adjust the DNS records, or none that I am aware of with cPanel... if you want this feature you will have to look around at custom scripts. A good place would be sourceforge.net

Normally to forward a domain to a new location you would use the 'Setup/Edit Domain Forwarding' section of WHM. The problem with this is that you have no access to Email using this method.... so your last bet would be to do alittle inventive account creating :)

First of all you need to make a new package with only the features you want that customer type to have.... to do this do the following:

Create a new Feature Set – This is use to control what your customer has access to in cPanel

WHM --> Feature Manager (Under 'Packages') --> Enter a new feature set name and hit 'Add' --> Untick all the features you do not want --> Hit Save!

Create a new Package – Use to limit resources to that account.

WHM --> Add Package (Under ‘Packages’) --> Enter all the information required (remember the quota also includes the space of that’s customers mail box, and that there is a skin ‘xmail’ that just contains all the mail functions only) --> Make sure that you select the newly created the feature set --> hit ‘Create’

Create a new customer account – We are going to create an account that now acts on this new package

WHM --> Create a New Account (Under ‘Account Functions’) --> Enter in all the details needed (make sure you select the new package created!) --> Hit ‘Create’

Redirecting the site to its new location – We are now going to point the site to the other web space

Login into your customers cPanel --> go to ‘Redirect’ --> Enter the details needed (make sure you select ‘Permanent’) --> Press Add
    (you can show your customer this, and this is also how they can update the redirect)

--------------------------------

Hope that helps, if not oh well! :p

4. mairj23

mairj23 Member

Ok guys it's all clear,I understadn what I have to do
    thanks for very quickly help!!!
    lankyb you can write a tutorial!!!
    I'm new in this forum but now I know that I love it!!! :D