The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new directories 404 with http

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trec-r, Nov 14, 2008.

1. trec-r

trec-r Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Recently moved all accounts to new server, and everything as been working fine. I created a new directory and uploaded a bunch of files all via FTP. When I go to the directory in browser I keep getting a 404 error. This is on an add-on domain name, when I go to the directory using the main account domain it works fine. Old directories from before the server move are working fine. Perms for the directories are 755. I have also checked indexing and nothing seems to be wrong.

I tried creating a directory via ssh and had the same problem. Let me know if you had any ideas.

Thanks
    Richie

2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Please make sure that you have uploaded the web contents of add on domain inside the public_html folder.

See..when you create an addon domain it will create a sub domain under the main domain name. For example, if abc.com is a main domain and xyz.com is an addon domain then WHM will create a sub domain xyz inside abc.com. You need to upload web contents for xyz.com inside abc.com/xyz sub domains public_html folder.

3. trec-r

trec-r Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have done that a few times, that was the first thing I checked. I did figure it out though. Almost as simple. The client did not update the add on domain to point to the new server. It seems its the simple things that always get me!:rolleyes: