Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

New domain not activated

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by KingKong12, Jun 13, 2019.

1. KingKong12

KingKong12 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello everyone.
    First of all, I want to point out that I'm a new user of cpanel and I'm a total beginner in this. Yesterday I bought my first hosting and domain and than successfully installed WordPress, so I tried creating my new website, but the website is still not activated and I cannot access it. It says 'the website cannot be reached', so I cannot edit it or do anything. I don't know where is the problem cause I'm not experienced in this, can someone point me out what is the issue and how to fix it? Thank you so much.

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Did you point the domain to your cPanel account's nameservers? Your provider should have given you something that detailed what these were. You'll need to do this first. In most cases your registrar and/or provider will provide instructions on how to accomplish this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. KingKong12

KingKong12 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Yes they have given me some details with an ip address or sth, and you may not believe me but I don't know even how to do that. I just need to get to my WordPress and start working from there cause that's all I know. Can someone give me some instructions how to do that? Thanks.

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...