SOLVED New domains are given the ns1.cprapid.com. name server even though I deleted it

ddaddy

Aug 19, 2015
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
After setting up my server, changing the hostname and adding my own nameservers, I deleted the cprapid.com DNS record and ns1.cprapid.com. nameserver.

However whenever I add a new domain, it is given ns1.cprapid.com. for the SOA record and I have to manually change it to my own nameserver.

How can I stop this happening?

Thanks

andrew.n

Jun 9, 2020
EU
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Have you changed the nameservers under Basic settings (first option on the left in WHM) bottom of the page?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
As long as the nameservers exist that @andrew.n pointed out, those will get written to each new zone as the authoritative nameservers for the domain. If you get those adjusted, future zone files will have the correct value, although you'll need to manually adjust any existing zones that have already been created on the sytem.

ddaddy

Aug 19, 2015
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks, I got it sorted.
I don’t know what I did after initial setup but I ended up with the correct ns dns records and my domains dns record had the correct ns entries, and yet that Basic setting was unchanged. I must have edited the dns manually to change to my ns.

Reactions: andrew.n and cPRex