The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New E-Mail / Web-Mail Welcome Page

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Gammasoft, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Gammasoft

Gammasoft Member

After you go into http://www.yourdomain.com:2095/ you now get a themed (much nicer) interface using the xSkins look, however it is broken on some resolutions, and Mozilla as well. This is upon upgrading to cPanel 8.2/WHM 8.0.

If you are able to change this, can you give us a link so we can change it ourselves?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. luis

luis Well-Known Member

I'm very interested in this also since i have all my cpanel custom skinned... now i don't know wherte to go to customize this page.....

3. cyon

cyon Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Me too

4. Gammasoft

Gammasoft Member

No replies from an admin as yet though....

5. imagic

imagic Well-Known Member

Has anybody put a ticket in for this? If you have, please post it here. The cpanel people track these forums by ticket numbers.

6. luis

luis Well-Known Member

Well i found it... but is a little nasty...

The login page is now a cgi:
    /usr/local/cpanel/base/webmaillogin.cgi

This scripts calls these files:
    /usr/local/cpanel/base/webmail/(skinname)/header.html
    /usr/local/cpanel/base/webmail/(skinname)/footer.html
    ans some other image files in the directory...

The defaul directory in there is "x", and webmaillogin.cgi has a directive that says something like: "if there is no folder for the skin, use the x one"

So all you have to do is:
    cp /usr/local/cpanel/base/webmail/x /usr/local/cpanel/base/webmail/yourskinname
    And edit the header and footer.html files on the new folder.

This is very odd... to edit the actual login page you´ll have to edit the actual webmaillogin.cgi script

I take no responsibilities if you go, edit scripts, and screw something... It would be much nicer if this page could be treated as any other skin page (as it was before, i think, anyway).

7. Damian

Damian Well-Known Member

I personally like the new header/footer method for skinning except for two small gripes.

1) The orange border around the images is hard coded in the script and therefore not editable via CSS. It may look alright for X but it doesn't work so well with other colors in my theme.

I'd like to see all colors used in the themes set in a CSS file instead of coded directly.

2) There is no provision for including textual information at the top of each generated page unique to the function (i.e. Password, Forwarders, Auto-Replies).

Any text we add into the "header", as expected, is displayed on all pages. So if we were to add information about creating a forwarder and the user was looking at the auto-replies page the information wouldn't be useful - in fact it would be confusing.

I can understand that development of the X theme takes precendence however I'd like to see the ability to customise cpanel themes remain as flexible as possible. I know the options exist to edit these particular scripts and chattri them but that goes against the whole beauty of nightly updates to automatically update things as required.

8. bert

bert Well-Known Member

The webmail interface has been updated as of today. You should now have a webmail interface that looks just like x2.

9. WeMasterz5

WeMasterz5 Well-Known Member

confirmed with WHM 8.8.0 cPanel 8.8.0-S74 install just done, good job, would like to see the option of having the edit option interfaced into the WHM like the suspend page is :)