New email address won't work

lindahol

Registered
Aug 31, 2006
2
0
151
I set up a new email using the Mail Manager. I entered the name and password as instructed and it shows as set up. When you send an email to the address I immediately get the following:

The original message was received at Thu, 31 Aug 2006 18:43:46 -0400 (EDT) from cpe-24-26-135-195.columbus.res.rr.com [24.26.135.195]

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <[email protected]>
(reason: 550-"The recipient cannot be verified. Please check all recipients of this)

----- Transcript of session follows ----- ... while talking to opalimports.com.:
>>> DATA
<<< 550-"The recipient cannot be verified. Please check all recipients of this <<< 550 message to verify they are valid."
550 5.1.1 <[email protected]>... User unknown <<< 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA

I'm not real technical so I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with what might be wrong.
 

randomuser

Well-Known Member
Jun 25, 2005
147
0
166
Did you file a bugzilla report or open a ticket with cPanel?

edit: if you remove then re add the email account, does it work then?
 
Last edited:

lindahol

Registered
Aug 31, 2006
2
0
151
randomuser said:
Did you file a bugzilla report or open a ticket with cPanel?

edit: if you remove then re add the email account, does it work then?
have tried that twice with no success
 

forlinuxsupport

Well-Known Member
PartnerNOC
Dec 22, 2004
386
0
166
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
hi

This has been happening on one of my servers few a few days now.

I will open a ticket with cpanel for them too look and see.

Have you chekced you have "my server requires authentication" in the send / receive mail settings in outlook (or other) ?


Regards
Andy
 

forlinuxsupport

Well-Known Member
PartnerNOC
Dec 22, 2004
386
0
166
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
hi

sorry, never got round to opening a ticket.

The problem fixed itself... not sure what was going on there.

do an exim -bt [email protected] and see what that says.
mine was saying "unroutable address".

then a few minutes later it gave the correct MX records.

try /scripts/updateuserdomains

Regards
Andy
 
Last edited:

asuservice

Well-Known Member
Oct 24, 2001
85
0
306
Another fix but may not be the best.

Hi Folks,
Have been having this problem too. So far on three different servers ... 1 has been in production a long time and the other two were new loads.

In each case I tried everything I was able to dig up here in the forum with no luck at all.

The only thing that worked for me ... and it worked every time ... was to delete and recreate the account. By that I mean the website account in WHM.

I read where someone had this issue with newly created email accounts and the fix was to delete and recreate them. In my case it was the default account that was troublesome and, as you know, you really can't delete that one.

I suggest until this is fixed that any newly created hosting accounts be deleted right after creation then recreate it. You'll have a lot less headaches.

If I can get some free time I'll drop a ticket in bugzilla but I'm swamped right now so don't know when that will be.

Hope this is helpful.