Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

New exiscan installer on layer 1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bjarne, Jul 26, 2004.

1. bjarne

bjarne Well-Known Member

I notice cpanel have made a exscan-setup wich basicly install clam and then rebuilds eximconf file - so it looks wery simple and straight forward to install on a new server - and I think i will :)

Anyway I wounder if anyone have used it? Also I suppose it will do of with the old Mailscanner conf - since it rebuilds eximconf - or not ? anyone testet?

Maybe someone have a a script to deinstall the old layer one Mailscanner?

I also would like to say: Cpanel - we need this to be supportet. It's a realy bad option that we are left alone with this. Still thanks for improving on your av install:)

2. chae

chae Well-Known Member

3. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

Yes! The thread above is the one you need if your mail queue fills up. The install mentioned in the thread above is a breeze and the results are phenomenal. Before I installed Clam AV, my mail queue was out of control, 7000 in the queue on average. Now, I average under 25 in the queue an a very active web server.

4. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

they removed mailscanner from layer1 .. may I ask why..?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Because it was 1. out of date and 2. not as easy on resources as exiscan ( which is already built into exim by default.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you still prefer MailScanner, I'm going to be releasing a free MailScanner package that will be easy to install and upgrade (through a single script). I'll put a post in the Addons forum when it's ready, or you can PM me for the beta.