The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New File Manager buggy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brianc, May 24, 2007.

1. brianc

brianc Well-Known Member

I have tried out the new file manager and I am unable to create new directories and files in a consistent manner. Once in a while a directory will be created but most times, my attempts at creating a directory fails with no error message. Have not been successful at all creating new files. This happens both in I.E. 7 and F.F. 2.

Has anyone else confirm this?

Brian

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    What is shown in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log?

What is your OS and cPanel version?

3. brianc

brianc Well-Known Member

Nothing is showing in the cpanel error log. The create file feature works fine in the Legacy File Manager but not in the new one. Plus the dialog box that pops up when you go to create a folder or file needs to be re-done. What in the world does "Search All Your Files" have to do with creating a file or folder? Is there some meaning behind "only public_html"? I find the dialog box very confusing.

Here is my system information:

WHM 11.1.0 cPanel 11.2.16-C12432
    CENTOS Enterprise 4.4 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

Brian

4. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The user account, does it happen to be on a mount point that is symlinked? For example, a symlink that points from /home to /home3 ? I've documented odd behavior with the file manager with such. Usually the file/folder is created, but it is created in the user home directory, rather than where I specified (e.g. in /home3/ken/ rather than /home3/ken/public_html)

As far as the dialog box, I've never seen wording like that. Attached are the stadnard file/folder creation dialog boxes as they appear in 11.2.16-C12432 (they've been like this ever since release of Current).

Which browser(s) are you using? I've testing FF 1.5, 2, IE 6, IE 7

5. brianc

brianc Well-Known Member

I am using FF 2 and IE 7. However I just discovered that this problem only happens when accessing the new filemanager via rvskin's theme. The filemanager works fine and the dialog boxes are correct when using it in X3. So at this moment it seems like a rvskin problem. I will be contacting them.