The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Formatted HTML Editor Problams

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dier, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Dier

Dier Registered

I am currently having issues with the HTML Editor when writing a new or working on an old page.

I see that the Doc Type defaults into XHTML which is fine and I can adjust to it, but when using Tables, TD runs into an issue when using align / not VALIGN. The new HTML Editor keeps defaulting any attribute being used to MIDDLE VS the propper attribute of CENTER. This effects how pages look in Firefox and most importantly it will not pass vadilation due to the wrong attribute programed into the new HTML Editor.

I have tried and tried to get TD in saving the proper attribute, but fails and continues to just default into the programmed settings which is wrong.

Lunar Pages went with this new HTML Editor since the 10th of March and not earlier. Also their Tech asked me to contact CPanel directly :confused: ... so much for customer service from them :rolleyes:.

Is there anything that will be done about the TD spitting out the wrong attributes? Would truly appreciate the assistance since this is my last stop and I obviously cannot get any assistance from my own host.

Best regards
    David

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    My suggestion, find a new host and a good html editor. While there are quite a few things File Manager can do well, I wouldn't bother using it for creating / editing webpages myself.

Short of that, has your host left the Legacy File manager available to you, and does that work any better for this problem? Or, have you tried editing your code after using the FM to create your tables so they use the correct attributes you want?

3. Dier

Dier Registered

Have seriously considered looking else where since they seem to be growing a bit to large and their service is not following with their growth, IMHO. They are the ones suggesting I contact CPanel directly, but I cant even open a ticket since I am not a customer of CPanel...just the end user.

I do not have any Icon for Legacy File Manager and this problem has only started when CPanel changed the EDITOR. Yes, I am using the correct attribute and it would pass Validation till the new version came out. Wont pass since it defaults it self and uses the wrong attribute of MIDDLE rather then CENTER.

Guess I should learn Pure CSS to layout the display but some of my pages requires the use of tables. Just need the programmer to look into it and see why it defaults using wrong attributes. Dont like the idea of FTP and having a port exposed from my firewalls.

Anyways...any Host who has SERVICE and is willing to lend a hand, PM me.