The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Guy has questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ScurvyDawg, Oct 6, 2003.

1. ScurvyDawg

ScurvyDawg Member

Greetings,

I am new to these forums so please bare with me.

I have been using WHM and Cpanel as a resseller for a while now. I am looking a getting my own machine going and I have some questions.

Firstly I have got Red Hat going and then I read that Cpanel does not support machines with X running on them. If I can not use X windows, how much time or what percentage of my time will be spent in WHM and cpanel as opposed to the terminal or shell???

I am a newbie at Linux and want to know where you guys think I should spend my initial time reading to prepare myself to use cpanel and WHM.

Is it possible to get a test environment up so I may learn how to use it locally, then when I move to a live box I am ready??

Thank you
    Neal
    :)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ScurvyDawg

ScurvyDawg Member

All these experienced cpanel users and admins and not a single solitary peice of advice for someone new.

Thats pretty lame.

I was hoping someone would be willing to offer some advice. Anyone??

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: None

3. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I would guess that a lack of respones is due to not being able to say much; with regard to your questions. As you are already familiar with the Reseller WHM, there is not much difference with using a 'root' WHM. More responsiblity though, as whatever you do can affect the whole Server and all accounts.

You should already know, since it seems you've been reading up on Cpanel, that a 15 Trial version is avaiable for download. And regardless of what CP is used on a Server, any SysAdmin should always expect to be doing a lot of their work from within Shell.

4. ScurvyDawg

ScurvyDawg Member

No I was not aware there was a 15 day trail available and thank you